A brand new Rambouillet made its way to my house...

Julian Westerhout

Oct 3, 2020, 4:42:12 PM10/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
About a year and a quarter ago I sold my blue and white 68 cm Rambouillet frame, having bought Will's 67 cm AHH, which I enjoy very much.

Then this week this brand new in the box, bought by the seller from Rivendell in 2005 but never built 68 cm Orange Rambouillet frame became available within a reasonable drive from me, and I could not resist, so a Ram is back among my assembly of Rivendells.

My bicycle cup runneth over.   :)

Photo is of frame and fork in front of the seller's house.

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL

Ram.jpg

John Hawrylak

Oct 3, 2020, 6:06:53 PM10/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Good things come to those who wait

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ

Jason Fuller

Oct 3, 2020, 9:21:49 PM10/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
What the heck how do people not build a frame up in 15 years.  I can barely wait a weekend when I buy one.

Great buy.

Kieran J

Oct 3, 2020, 11:37:21 PM10/3/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's something else! I have that exact frame, but she ain't anywhere near NOS.
Cool find.

KJ

ascpgh

Oct 4, 2020, 4:59:14 AM10/4/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very nice! You'll love it again even more in orangesicle.

I'm with Kieran, same as mine, no where near NOS after all these years.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Oct 4, 2020, 8:12:55 AM10/4/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wonderfully big, fantastically titian apricot cantaloupe! Enjoy
-Kai

Julian Westerhout

Oct 4, 2020, 10:42:31 AM10/4/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's a mystery to me as well.

I am sorting through the parts stash right now to see what I'll need to buy. It will be built soon-ish, likely by the new year at the latest.

Of course, the original owner might have had similar intentions 15 years ago ...   I wanted to ask what happened, but somehow it did not seem appropriate, especially as he waffled a bit on whether or not he really wanted to sell it.     :0

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL

stevef

Oct 5, 2020, 8:42:04 AM10/5/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
A NOS creamsicle Rambly?  Holy smokes, what a find.

Mike Godwin

Oct 5, 2020, 2:57:32 PM10/5/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Must be in the air Julian

I grabbed a creamcycle version too, 62 cm a little more than a week ago.  Even though it had been through 2 other owners, it looks new after all these years. I had all parts on hand except a stem, so a fellow ibob offered one up and is the mail. Rummaging around for cable housing, viola, a Nitto Pearl way in the back and it is together with two rides over the weekend. This replaced Ram 005 I sold 6 years ago. It was a 61 cm prototype. The 62 fits nicer for some reason.

Mike SLO CA

Julian Westerhout

Oct 6, 2020, 7:05:12 AM10/6/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Mike,

I ry to keep my parts stash moderately well organized, but somehow things still seem to wander into odd boxes. I discovered a set of bar end shifters I forgot I had while searching for parts this weekend -- they were in the brake levers bin. Into the Ram parts pile they went.

I think I have most of the parts I'll need aside from handlebars. Need a set of Nitto Noodles in a 48.

Congratulations on your acquisition, build, and ride. Makes we want to hurry up on mine!

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL

Michael Cyr

Oct 6, 2020, 2:44:31 PM10/6/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice find!

I too found a Rambouillet this summer which had sat unused for 3+ years, and seemed barely used beyond that. The seller said he was happy to "see it moving again". New bars, new stem, new tries and not much else has had it cranking it out the miles this fall. My first Rivendell and a terrific ride.

IMG_4180.jpeg

Mark Roland

Oct 6, 2020, 8:52:03 PM10/6/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow! Great find. What tires are those?

Ram.jpg

Julian Westerhout

Oct 7, 2020, 7:00:46 PM10/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Michael, it looks great, and nice background!

Is that an Analog stem?

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL

Michael Cyr

Oct 7, 2020, 7:29:21 PM10/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yes, sir. Analog Stem and Salsa Cowchipper Bars. Most of the backgrounds in Vermont (and stems!) are beautiful!

Julian Westerhout

Oct 7, 2020, 7:46:05 PM10/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I spent a decade in Durango, Co, but the midwest where I now live is bereft of mountains -- we have a few river bluffs, but it is not the same....   :)     We do have grand sunsets, though...

That combo on your Ram looks good.

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL