Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Drew Saunders

neprebran,
6. jul. 2020, 20:17:086. 7. 20
do RBW Owners Bunch
I bought this new at the 1994 Bridgestone/BOB fire sale, and haven't really ridden it in about 15 years, so it's time for someone else to enjoy it.

Please read very carefully!

The few 1993 XO-1s that have sold recently, while complete and largely original, have gone for $1500

This is not a complete bike (I have cranks to sell too), there are some rust spots, and I crashed it once, but it does have several upgrades (Wheelsmith hand built gold label wheels, Chris King Headset, see the google doc!), so I'm looking to get:

$900

I'm really only interested in selling it to someone who can pick it up locally in Palo Alto, California. Cash preferred.

Fuji-X-E3-DSCF6590-20200704.jpg

Lots more photos on the google doc. Please read carefully (disable "Print Layout" unless you want to scroll for days) before asking any questions.

Thanks,

Drew

Drew Saunders

neprebran,
11. jul. 2020, 15:05:2011. 7. 20
do RBW Owners Bunch
Is the lack of a BB/Cranks/Chain scaring people away? I could install:

Shimano UN51 122.5mm BB (ugly, but still smooth)
Sugino GP 110 26/38/50 170mm cranks (original cranks, not original rings)
Whatever 8 speed chain my LBS carries
Replace the FD with an XTR
Replace the RD with an Ultegra RD 6500
Swap the 12-21 with a 12-25 if requested.
Sylvan pedals. (Really beat up, missing a dust cap!)

I’d have to bump the price to $1200 if I did all that work, but if someone wants it rideable, and isn’t mechanically inclined, I could get it running. Honestly, it’s a better deal if you or your LBS does the work.

If “local pick up” is keeping you from buying, I could get a quote from Palo Alto Bicycles to have them pack and ship. I doubt it would be less than $150.

Thanks for looking!

Drew (Drew.s...@gmail.com)

Joe Bernard

neprebran,
11. jul. 2020, 15:36:5911. 7. 20
do RBW Owners Bunch
"I crashed it once" might be a problem for potential buyers. Perhaps you can explain so people know what the frame went through.

Drew Saunders

neprebran,
11. jul. 2020, 15:47:5811. 7. 20
do RBW Owners Bunch
Excellent question.

Back in '95 or '96 I was riding off road at Los Trancos OSP and at the crossing of a dry creek the front wheel apparently perfectly matched the creek bed. The wheel stopped rolling, and momentum kept me going. The force of the crash bent the original Moustache bars on the right side, but I couldn't detect any cracks in the frame or fork. I replaced the bars with heat treated ones and eventually bought new wheels, and rode the bike for several years after that, without any obvious signs of frame or fork damage, but I don't have the ability to do an ultrasound or other deep analysis of the frame or fork. I wanted to make sure that's clear so people don't expect a very gently used bike.

Late in the production run, the original forks were recalled. This bike has the later, post-recall fork.

I'll add all of that to the google doc.

Drew

Drew Saunders

neprebran,
11. jul. 2020, 17:52:5811. 7. 20
do RBW Owners Bunch
Sale pending!

Drew Saunders

neprebran,
11. jul. 2020, 23:11:4411. 7. 20
do RBW Owners Bunch
Sold! Thanks for looking. My huge list of parts will be listed soon.
Odgovori vsem
Odgovori avtorju
Posreduj
0 novih sporočil