Handlebar suggestions for Gus\Susie

Bill Fulford

May 22, 2020, 6:23:43 PM5/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I got lucky and snagged a large GB Willsen and now am thinking about handlebars. What are Gus\Susie owners going to use for handlebars? Thanks for your input. Bill

Clayton Scott

May 22, 2020, 6:31:25 PM5/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Tumbleweed persuader bars.

Best MTB bars I ever laid my hands on. They replaced the Jones bars on my Jones.

Clayton Scott
HbG, CA

Joe Bernard

May 22, 2020, 9:57:28 PM5/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Last year I rode a Susie around the RBW building that had a prototype Bosco Bullmoose that was kinda cut down from the original design. They were great and now I have a Losco which is similar but not Moosey. I'd definitely put one on a Nitto HiRiser for a Gus/Susie.

Paul Y

May 23, 2020, 3:30:06 AM5/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Congrats :)

I am struggling with the same question.

I have 2 bars ready for my Susie when it arrives... 58cm bosco and 66cm bullmoose.

I think I will put the bullmoose on first and change to the bosco if I find the bullmoose uncomfortable for very long rides.
I also have a Ritchey P29-er with regular MTB riser bars, so that factors into how Susie will get used, ie, not planning to ride her so aggressively.

Whatever you choose, do share pictures and impressions.

Paul Richardson

May 23, 2020, 12:35:38 PM5/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
i'll be trying choco bars on a 10cm dirtdrop on my xl susie.

paul
takoma park, md.

Deacon Patrick

May 23, 2020, 12:47:20 PM5/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
My protoGus first had a wavy bar, which I loved, but I got a Jones bar (the raised one) to try it higher, which I like. My idea would be to get a shorter stem with some rise for the wavy bar. The Jones bar a sharper angle than I like ideally, the wavy is the same as the bullmoose, and shallower than Jones, and I like the shallower angle.

With abandon,
Patrick

Garth

May 23, 2020, 2:02:27 PM5/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm trying a Billie bar at first and see how that goes, as I have one on hand. It has half the rise of the steel 56cm. Albatross bar, more flare and more reach back. The whatbars website doesn't really depict it accurately, at least compared to my 56 Alba which is slightly different curve shape than the 55.

I'll likely use my Nitto MTC-012 quill adapter and threadless extension, as I've been waiting to use the Nitto adapter and it looks pretty cool.

Deacon Patrick

May 23, 2020, 2:06:32 PM5/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I should add, I had bullmoose Boscos at first, as they came with the prototype build. I loved them in all aspects save for technical descents, where all that jouncing requires a flatter bar rather than a bar more parallel to the top tube. Hanse the switch to the wavy and Jones bars.

With abandon,
Patrick