FS: Hillborne

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 20, 2022, 8:26:47 PM12/20/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Y'all!
I'm thinning the herd to finance a new Roadini. Up for sale is my 54 Sam Hillborne, purchased directly from Riv back in 2019. It's been ridden but not much. Saddle and pedals not included. Posting it here, hoping I don't have to go CL. $2500

Happy Holidays!
Ahmed in San Mateo
IMG_6900.jpgIMG-4312.jpg

Scott Luly

Dec 20, 2022, 9:46:38 PM12/20/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Ahmed,

How well does your brake set-up work? I'm wanting to run linear pull brakes with hood brake levers myself, just like you. The hood brake levers I have are not long pull, and I'm wondering how they will work with my v-brakes. I'm interested in hearing from those that have run NON long pull brake hood levers with v-brakes.

Scott

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 20, 2022, 11:11:42 PM12/20/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Braking is fantastic. I’ve had/have this set up on a number of bikes and it’s always been stellar.

:-)

Ahmed Elgasseir

Department Chair, Visual and Performing Arts

Castilleja School

1310 Bryant Street

Palo Alto, CA 94301

P (415) 654-7977

E aelga...@castilleja.org

www.castilleja.org

Follow us on Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Women Learning. Women Leading.

Scott Luly

Dec 20, 2022, 11:27:14 PM12/20/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
What brakes and levers specifically are you running?

Steven Sweedler

Dec 21, 2022, 8:34:34 AM12/21/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My favorite shiffters, very nice. Steve

--
Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 21, 2022, 11:51:39 AM12/21/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 21, 2022, 11:53:09 AM12/21/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 22, 2022, 1:25:27 PM12/22/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Dropping price to $2100. 😊

Philip Williamson

Dec 22, 2022, 4:43:41 PM12/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oh good - those are V-specific levers. They work great!

Philip
Sonoma County, Calif

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 22, 2022, 4:46:30 PM12/22/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the braking with this combo is excellent!!!

maxcr

Dec 22, 2022, 4:48:33 PM12/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yeah, I had the same Cane Creek V-brake drop bar levers on my gallop and they worked great!
Max

PS. If anyone is looking, I have a Nitto noodle handlebar with a short Nitto stem, cane creek v-brake drop levers (poorly) wrapped in brooks leather over Fizik bar gel that I'd be willing to sell (shifters not included).

noodle.jpg

DavidP

Dec 22, 2022, 5:00:32 PM12/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
For anyone wondering, Cane Creek brake components are made by Tektro. The corresponding Tektro branded V-brake drop bar levers are the RL520, and are functionality identical and much easier to find.

-Dave

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 22, 2022, 5:23:53 PM12/22/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Ahmed Elgasseir

Dec 30, 2022, 5:38:57 PM12/30/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Happy almost new year y’all! Just bumping this.

Up for sale is my 54 Sam Hillborne, purchased directly from Riv back in 2019.
Crust x Nitto Towelrack bars
Silver cranks
Velocity Atlas Rims built up at Rivbike
Nitto dirt drop stem
Nitto seatpost
Marathon Schwalbes
It's been ridden but not much. Saddle and pedals not included.

$2100.

Ahmed Elgasseir

Jan 12, 2023, 5:03:22 PM1/12/23
to RBW Owners Bunch