Rosco Platy!

Joe Bernard

Jul 12, 2022, 5:51:56 PM7/12/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's the product page. My daughter saw the email before me and sent a pic of the green one with this text:
"I don't even ride bikes and I love this."

Joe and Skye Bernard

Doug H.

Jul 12, 2022, 6:13:58 PM7/12/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I like both colors! Tough choice but since I have a Lime Green Clem I would choose Anapurple...if I were to buy one....
Doug

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Jul 14, 2022, 4:58:01 AM7/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Good luck to all who will be vying for a Rosco Plat today! If you miss out, comfort yourselves with the arrival of the new Platypuses this fall. But I do hope you get the Rosco, if that's what your heart wants. Whichever you get, you won't be disappointed. There's magic in the Rivendell mixtes, and like Pam Murray once said to me, Every mile on a Rivendell mixte is a golden mile. After nearly 70,000 miles, she should know.

Please let us know if and what you get today!

Leah

Matt Beecher

Jul 14, 2022, 8:03:42 AM7/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'd really like bike like this for a drop bar build, but I just could not pull the trigger without knowing the top tube length.  My guess is that this is designed for upright riding only, which seems to be the way Riv is trending.  Good luck to all those who pick this up.  It looks like a nice design.

Matt

Johnny Alien

Jul 14, 2022, 8:36:01 AM7/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
With a short stem length almost any Riv can be set up with drop bars.

Joe Bernard

Jul 14, 2022, 1:44:23 PM7/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well that was fun. I like my version of the Rosco Platy Presale thread better so I'm back over here to say I hope everybody grabs the frame they want and shows them built up later so we can look at them. Have a nice day! 🙋‍♂️🙂
Joe Bernard

Doug H.

Jul 14, 2022, 1:47:18 PM7/14/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
A Rosco Platy for Skye!!
Doug

Brian Forsee

Jul 14, 2022, 2:14:20 PM7/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I feel like a lot of recent riv designs not only would require a short stem but also downsizing a frame size for a proper drop bar set up. Not good or bad in my mind, just inherent in the long top tube designs they have been favoring lately. I will likely end up buying a ROADUNO, and had hoped to put drops on it but based off of what we know so far I'm not sure I'll be able to without dropping down a size. I don't want to do so from an aesthetic perspective, so risers or swept back bars it'll be!

Joe Bernard

Jul 14, 2022, 7:49:23 PM7/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Still greens left in every size, both colors left in 60cm, 4:48pm pst 7/14/22. AnaPurple is the popular one.

Eric Daume

Jul 14, 2022, 8:37:53 PM7/14/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
I've been eyeing the 60cm purple, down to seven left, but only one sold in the last several hours. Hmm.

Eric
too many bikes, not enough budget

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/651776e8-8ea4-489c-a851-d9e84ffef092n%40googlegroups.com.

Joe Bernard

Jul 14, 2022, 8:45:14 PM7/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I don't need another bike that's basically a production version of my custom and don't really have room for it, so it's probably good that they didn't do one in Mermaid. But there's a Mermaid demo there...

Johnny Alien

Jul 15, 2022, 8:29:17 AM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I dig them (because I also dig Joe's custom) and I was all on board with grabbing one when they were supposed to be out in May but with the delays I wanted something sooner and fell into a Clem L which I am over the moon about. I think they will sell a touch slower than other models because they are more utility in visual design and priced higher than expected. Not that its not a fair price but its certainly easier to sell a stripped down less fancy Platy for $900-1000 (the original expected price) than $1350. Congrats to everyone that got one. I was expecting to be on that train but alas I am not.

Leah Peterson

Jul 15, 2022, 8:55:14 AM7/15/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I, for one, can understand Johnny’s affinity for that Clem L. I prefer my Platys, but only slightly. And you really can’t beat a true step-through. I’m an advocate for having BOTH.

In any case, I’m glad the Rivendell mixte line continues and that more people of the male variety are accepting them as legit bikes and not girly townies. And how fun that we are venturing into new territory with purple paint! I think the builds on these mixtes will be so interesting. Hopefully the new owners will be generous with their posts and photos and we will get to see this limited edition bike doing its thing in the world.

Anyone reading this snag a Rosco Platy yesterday? What did you get? How will you build it up?

On Jul 15, 2022, at 8:29 AM, Johnny Alien <johnny....@gmail.com> wrote:

I dig them (because I also dig Joe's custom) and I was all on board with grabbing one when they were supposed to be out in May but with the delays I wanted something sooner and fell into a Clem L which I am over the moon about. I think they will sell a touch slower than other models because they are more utility in visual design and priced higher than expected. Not that its not a fair price but its certainly easier to sell a stripped down less fancy Platy for $900-1000 (the original expected price) than $1350. Congrats to everyone that got one. I was expecting to be on that train but alas I am not.

Doug H.

Jul 15, 2022, 11:58:46 AM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've been riding my Clem L on longish road rides and am tempted by the Rosco Platy but I don't think it would give me any benefit over my Clem. I really like the step-through design and after being conscious of it at first don't even give it a thought now. It is a burly looking bike to me. Riding over pavement cracks and stop indicators at intersections is no problem with the wide tires and long wheelbase. These were jarring on my old Felt road bike with skinny tires but now they hardly even register. Also, I am well-pleased with the Tosco bars and use the out front portion about 20% of the time on a long ride to stretch out my back and get good pedal leverage. I will be tempted by the Roaduno as an n+1 but as of now I'm satisfied riding the Clem.
Doug
Athens, GA

Garth

Jul 15, 2022, 2:17:47 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Does anyone happen to have the geometry of the 60cm ?  I've been trying to call Riv but all I get is one ring and it disconnects.

Joe Bernard

Jul 15, 2022, 2:40:27 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've never seen a geometry chart for the Platypus but this frame is based on that one and that one is an updated Cheviot soooo..a 60cm Cheviot has a 62.2cm ETT.
Screenshot_20220715-113948_Chrome.jpg

Garth

Jul 15, 2022, 2:48:52 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's what I thought Joe, but back when I had asked Will about the Platy being an "updated" Chev and he told me it was not.

It seems if Riv's phone is busy it just rings once and disconnects rather than giving a busy signal .....

Garth

Jul 15, 2022, 3:29:56 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch

I finally got through, it seems there was some comical phone technology things happening but we finally connected. I hadn't given the Rosco Platy any thought at all, zee-ro. I got the email and thought I'd at least see what they look like. That's a great move to offer it in purple as it is a fine alternative to the common production colors.

If anyone else needs to know here's the 60 cm geo .... Thanks Will !

HTA 69.5d
STA 72d
Effective TT 652mm
Stack 666mm
Reach 430mm
Chainstay 540mm
Rake 67mm
Front Center 726mm
Drop 80mm

Joe Bernard

Jul 15, 2022, 5:08:40 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dagnabbit, now I wish I could remember what Leah said the effective toptube is on her 55. Hey Leah! 🙋‍♂️

Leah Peterson

Jul 15, 2022, 6:12:05 PM7/15/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Shoot, Joe, I don’t remember either! I suppose I could measure if you tell me from where to where.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2022, at 5:08 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dagnabbit, now I wish I could remember what Leah said the effective toptube is on her 55. Hey Leah! 🙋‍♂️

Joe Bernard

Jul 15, 2022, 7:08:24 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Straight across from center of seatpost to center of headtube 👍

Garth

Jul 15, 2022, 7:30:49 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
The ETT measurement is done so horizontally, as in perfectly level. That's why it's called theoretical as it is referring to bikes with sloping and/or missing top tubes(like a mixte). If you had a carpenters level you could get it "fairly" accurate for conversational purposes, but just eyeballing it not really.

I was seriously considering getting a purple one but then I noticed the reverso seat clamp. No cantilever cable hanger = no deal. V-brakes are "great" .... (me making funny faces)....  as long as they're not on any bike I ride ;-).

Joe Bernard

Jul 15, 2022, 7:45:27 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
V-brakes rule! I hope I never fiddle with another cable hanger and its corresponding and maddening straddle cable ever again.

Also my 👍 in my answer to Leah now strikes me as looking weirdly condescending. Not my intention, Leah!

Joe "unintentional" Bernard

Johnny Alien

Jul 15, 2022, 8:50:41 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I prefer V brakes but like cantis as well. I see no valid reason to flip that seat clamp other than to be contrarian.

Joe Bernard

Jul 15, 2022, 9:01:06 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
The only valid reason I see is extremely Rivendellian: I'm a notorious saddle height fiddler and the rear facing binder bolt interferes with my Medium SaddleSack when I stop to adjust it. I'd love to have that bolt on the front side.

Joe Bernard

Jul 15, 2022, 11:52:42 PM7/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
...which I just did. Cuz seriously, I'm bad about this.
Screenshot_20220715-205132_Gallery.jpg

Leah Peterson

Jul 16, 2022, 6:34:13 AM7/16/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Joe,
Condescending? Never. Ill get that measurement if can remember to do it before I load the Platy on the rack this morning. And it will, of course, be wrong but hopefully you’ll see a number in there that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2022, at 11:52 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:

...which I just did. Cuz seriously, I'm bad about this.

Eric Daume

Jul 16, 2022, 7:28:20 AM7/16/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
I finally fought off my cheapskate side and placed my pre-order. 60cm in purple.

I may end up building it up as a fixed gear--the only spare rear wheel I have in my inventory is a WI ENO hubbed wheel, currently un-eccentric'd. I would need to re-eccentric it to make it work. Or just buy a geared wheel.

On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 5:52 PM Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's the product page. My daughter saw the email before me and sent a pic of the green one with this text:
"I don't even ride bikes and I love this."

Joe and Skye Bernard

Gary Johnson

Jul 18, 2022, 2:12:35 PM7/18/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'm kind of with Doug on this: as much fun as it would be to build up a new Riv frame, I'm not sure what the point is because I have a Clem L I'm in love with now.  Plus, I'm currently running north of 250 lbs (body weight, not tire pressure), and I'm wondering if the new batch of Platy's is designed as skookum as the Clem, which does not noodle in the least under the load I impose.  Thoughts?

Allan McLane

Jul 18, 2022, 2:13:51 PM7/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I called and asked about that forward-facing seat clamp because I have a NOS set of Dia Compe NGC 982 cantis that I have been saving aside for a mermaid Platypus build for my wife. We both got tired of waiting for the next Platy shipment and, per a conversation with Grant, the Rosco Platy has nearly identical geometry so we getting a green 50 cm frame instead.

Anyway, Will told me that the seat clamp lug was designed for the tandem frames and that they had been worried about too much heat weakening the seat tube in that area during fabrication. Turns out that the seat stays ended up being welded lower down and further away from the lug so they decided to use up those clamp lugs somewhere else.

My plan is to put a collar around the seatpost (29.8mm) and anchor a Nitto long cable hanger from there. It’ll be a minor inconvenience to adjust the collar whenever the seat height needs changing but it’s not a frequent or big deal to me.

Looking forward to getting this frame!

Allan in Marlboro, Vermont

Wesley

Jul 18, 2022, 3:37:27 PM7/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
If I were looking to mount cantilevers on a Rosco Platy, I'd use a small loop of Spectra or Dyneema (high tech rope that's stronger than steel and doesn't stretch). Loop it through a cable anger and around the seat post stub like this, and you'd have a totally functional & totally unique brake setup:
seatpost-line.png
-W

lucky...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2022, 4:16:13 PM7/18/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Ok I finally have to ask if there’s a reason one could not use something like a Paul Funky Monkey rear cable hanger for seatpost? Or a similar cheaper device? I understand that it fixes the seat pretty well in place but otherwise?

On Jul 18, 2022, at 12:37, Wesley <brooks...@gmail.com> wrote:

If I were looking to mount cantilevers on a Rosco Platy, I'd use a small loop of Spectra or Dyneema (high tech rope that's stronger than steel and doesn't stretch). Loop it through a cable anger and around the seat post stub like this, and you'd have a totally functional & totally unique brake setup:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/0a9712b2-88a7-4e1c-87c0-966c94a5b0d0n%40googlegroups.com.
seatpost-line.png

lconley

Jul 18, 2022, 4:19:52 PM7/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Use one of these. Works front or rear with different length bolt:
brake.JPGbrake.JPG

Laing

Eric Daume

Jul 18, 2022, 4:22:28 PM7/18/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
That's a good idea Laing... I have some nice cantis I would like to use, but no V brakes on hand. I think I'll try something like this.

Eric

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/850e1287-5f6c-4fb6-ab09-ffabc5b74a07n%40googlegroups.com.

Joe Bernard

Jul 18, 2022, 4:25:09 PM7/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I believe (I can't find the spec now, maybe it was in a Riv email) the seatpost on these is 29.8. There's no Funky Monkey big enough.

lconley

Jul 18, 2022, 4:28:42 PM7/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ran into the same thing on the Rosco Baby:

b (2).jpg

Laing

Garth

Jul 18, 2022, 6:09:41 PM7/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch

A funky monkey could only be used if you changed to a 27.2 seatpost with the proper seat tube shim. The Roco has a 29.8 post.

If the seat lug teardrop thingy didn't go so far down you could attach a 31.8mm front drop cable stop with either a curved or flexible noodle to adjust for the angle, but it's there so that won't work either.

The Tektro fork mounted hangers look fine and all on a computer screen. When the rubber meets the road however, it appears the rear brake bridge is like the Susie, with the threaded hold facing down. Besides, even if you could attach it, those hangers on the rear place the cable stop notably offset (rearward) from where a frame mounted cable stop would be. I tried it on the Susie.

All of that though .....well why should one have to go through all those hoops when the entire problem is one of omitting the cable stop bridge ? ((Yes I know, I'm just howling to the moon and the Moon ain't replying, teeheehee)) They cost about $1.95 from a frame supplier, retail. For a builder, ummm .... pennies. Labor involved, c'mon ..... do we really want to go there ?  So it surely can't be about penny pinching, especially on a $1350 frame. So why not include it ?(((again ... how-ooo-ling))) I could make all sorts of not so nice assumptions but they'd be no more than that. There is really no excuse for not having one.  Canti brakes are not going away. There's plenty to choose from still, so no that's no excuse.

I'm okay with not getting one though as it wasn't exactly what I'd like in frame anyways. I have a Susie and as of now I have no desire to even build it, let alone ride. Through all this I realize I happen to really like "regular" diamond shaped bikes that take stock length chains and can be used with either drop bars or say a Albatross/stache bar, not one of those monster swept back bars. While I'll never rid myself of the Bombadil I don't think I'll ever buy another Riv. That's not knock, just my preference from what feels natural to me, that's like my custom Franklin road/sport/touring kinda frame.

lconley

Jul 19, 2022, 9:09:32 AM7/19/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
If the brake bridge is not compatible, then just attach one of these between the rack mounts, or to a seat post rack mount (available in many sizes) clamp.

brake.JPG

brake2.JPG

clamp.JPG

Laing

James Parker

Jul 29, 2022, 9:27:22 AM7/29/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Laing,

Who makes this? I’m striking out on googling it.

JP

lconley

Aug 1, 2022, 10:11:55 AM8/1/22
to RBW Owners Bunch

Dia-Compe, Weinmann, probably others.

Try “rear brake cable hanger” on eBay.

Laing

Eric Daume

Aug 2, 2022, 8:33:05 PM8/2/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
 I did confirm with Riv that the post is a 29.8mm.

Compared to the usual 26.8mm on other Rivs, this does raise the option of adding a dropper post :)

Eric Daume

Sep 1, 2022, 3:59:40 PM9/1/22
to rbw-owners-bunch
From this week's email:

Even though the (Roadini) frames are here, we just finished sending out the last of the Atlantis framesets and still have Atlantis builds in the queue. After that we have all the Rosco Platypus frames to either build up or send out, so please be OK with a long lead time, about a month and a half, and maybe slightly less for framesets.

So the RP's won't go until the Atlantis bikes get built? Even the frames that are just getting passed on? This is super frustrating.

Eric

Johnny Alien

Sep 1, 2022, 4:30:42 PM9/1/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
They original target for these was May I think. I knew with the supply chain issues there would be problems and thats why I ultimately decided to go with a Clem L. A decision I have been very happy with. Not because the bikes got majorly delayed but because I love my Clem.

Leah Peterson

Sep 1, 2022, 4:47:59 PM9/1/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Eric, yes, so frustrating. The 2022 Platys were actually supposed to be here in May, then August, now October. And the Rosco Plats being delayed even though they are in the shop is so sad. If I had one on order and lived within a 12 hour drive of Walnut Creek, I’d spend Labor Day driving to get my bike.

It’s extra sad for those who live in certain parts of the country - winter is coming.

Leah

On Sep 1, 2022, at 4:30 PM, Johnny Alien <johnny....@gmail.com> wrote:

They original target for these was May I think. I knew with the supply chain issues there would be problems and thats why I ultimately decided to go with a Clem L. A decision I have been very happy with. Not because the bikes got majorly delayed but because I love my Clem.

Brian Turner

Sep 1, 2022, 5:07:08 PM9/1/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I’ve been waiting 3 months on a set of 36 hole, polished 650b Cliffhangers. And that’s direct from Velocity to my LBS. Its a frustrating time to want stuff, for sure.

Joe Bernard

Sep 1, 2022, 7:25:37 PM9/1/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Booooo on the waiting. I got my custom quicker than this!

Leah Peterson

Sep 11, 2022, 12:52:23 PM9/11/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone gotten and built up a Rosco Platy yet? I’m so excited to see one. Riv said in this week’s newsletter that they have begun shipping. Or maybe folks are picking them up from HQ. Hope so!

On Sep 1, 2022, at 7:25 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:

Booooo on the waiting. I got my custom quicker than this!

Eric Daume

Sep 11, 2022, 2:06:32 PM9/11/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I got my shipping invoice, so maybe it's coming? I have the parts all set out for it, though I'm still dithering on the handlebar.

Eric

Doug H.

Sep 12, 2022, 10:17:39 AM9/12/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
It would be nice to hear a ride report from someone who has ridden both the lugged Platy and the new Rosco Platy. And, I can't wait to see some build photos too!
Doug

Leah Peterson

Sep 15, 2022, 7:56:16 AM9/15/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hope Cyclery posted a Rosco box in their IG Stories. Maybe they’ll show us the bike built up?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 12, 2022, at 10:17 AM, Doug H. <dhansf...@gmail.com> wrote:

It would be nice to hear a ride report from someone who has ridden both the lugged Platy and the new Rosco Platy. And, I can't wait to see some build photos too!

Eric Daume

Sep 15, 2022, 6:57:30 PM9/15/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Mine has reached IL on its way to OH.

UPS says Monday, but maybe Saturday?

Eric

Leah Peterson

Sep 15, 2022, 7:11:36 PM9/15/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I hope Saturday! 🤞 How far are you from Grand Rapids, MI? I want you to bring that Rosco Plat to our Riv Ride! 😍 (October 15!)

Sent from my iPhone

Richard Rose

Sep 15, 2022, 7:12:14 PM9/15/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
A Rosco in Ohio? Cool.

Sent from my iPhone

Eric Daume

Sep 19, 2022, 12:35:37 PM9/19/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It’s here. Unfortunately I’m in meetings all afternoon :(
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0B99BE5C-8F4C-4F2A-94E4-FB6A24BE8229.jpeg

Joe Bernard

Sep 19, 2022, 2:45:40 PM9/19/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Call in sick!

Eric Daume

Sep 19, 2022, 7:31:33 PM9/19/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I couldn’t call in sick, but the build went smoothly and I was able to take a quick shake down ride this evening. Still to do are all of the accessories: lights, fenders, kickstand, bag, etc. Those will probably take as long as the build.

I was able to use canti brakes with a hanger fastened between the rear rack mounts. Works fine!

Eric
Call in sick!

E35A077F-9966-4337-8CEB-CEAB66D28414.jpeg
CACB57E2-9C96-4E56-9A3A-D9D466B1580A.jpeg

Leah Peterson

Sep 19, 2022, 7:34:27 PM9/19/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The first one we’ve seen in real life! How did it ride for you? Too soon to tell? It looks great in purple.
Leah

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2022, at 7:31 PM, Eric Daume <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:

I couldn’t call in sick, but the build went smoothly and I was able to take a quick shake down ride this evening. Still to do are all of the accessories: lights, fenders, kickstand, bag, etc. Those will probably take as long as the build.

Joe Bernard

Sep 19, 2022, 7:36:00 PM9/19/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's a nifty brake hanger solution! What brakes? They kinda remind me of Bruce Gordon and a couple others from the '90s whose names escape me now.

Eric Daume

Sep 19, 2022, 7:39:59 PM9/19/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I need to give it some more time before I get any ride impressions. I've only ridden it for a few miles so far. It's smooth, but my previous rides were mostly on either 20" wheeled folding bikes or my fixed gear with 28mm tires :)

Joe, the brakes are Avid Shorty something, a great co-op find for me. Great power, easy set up, excellent modulation. Maybe the pinnacle of canti brakes, before V brakes and then discs took over.

Eric

Call in sick!

Paul Choi

Sep 20, 2022, 10:32:24 PM9/20/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Feels lighter more responsive then my previous Clem L. More like a step-thru Sam. I need to give some thanks to Pastor Raymond who took the parts off my Clem H and built this up for me.

Cheers,

Paul

rosco ss.jpg

Joe Bernard

Sep 20, 2022, 10:48:08 PM9/20/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
2-speed with Paul tensioner, I had a Cheviot set up that way. Super simple and fun, that's a nice bike!

J Imler

Sep 20, 2022, 11:59:33 PM9/20/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
147CB098-4BB7-44E6-8409-93EC7BDABCF7.png

Sweet Roscoe. I’ve got a Paul Melvin on my Clem. Per the install directions. your chain length may need adjusted, unless you don’t intend to use the small front ring? See 4b above.

James

Sep 21, 2022, 2:06:26 PM9/21/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm eager to hear ride reports on this bike.  I have been considering getting a Cheviot or Platty on the second-hand market but maybe this is a good (and available) alternative.