New Rivendell Shop VIsit Video

David Person

Mar 8, 2022, 3:18:07 PM3/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Russ at Path Less Pedaled posted a new YouTube video of his recent visit to Riv HQ and Grant Peterson.

Paul Clifton

Mar 8, 2022, 4:25:16 PM3/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I just watched this and came here to post it. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_K2UFRs_qA

It's a great convo with Grant - a lot of stuff we've all heard before, but also some little tidbits and peeks that are worth the half hour. I really want a purple Charlie now, but I wish Grant was still talking about horses all the time.

Paul in AR

Bill Lindsay

Mar 8, 2022, 4:38:24 PM3/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Lug Bandana!!!  @6:45

BL in EC

Paul Clifton

Mar 8, 2022, 5:13:47 PM3/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
If the lug bandanas and the new knickers come in on the same day, I think it'll be a long tomorrow in the shipping department.

larson....@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2022, 8:33:08 PM3/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I enjoyed the interview very much. As a recent first-time Rivendell owner I am happy to hear Grant talking about bikes. Russ and Laura do a good job of emphasizing the non-competitive aspects of cycling, which is always appreciated.

Bill Lindsay

Mar 9, 2022, 10:46:20 AM3/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
The latest Grant Blagh also pumps my anticipation for lug-bandanas.  On top of that...Anna doing karaoke!  That was sensational.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Eric Marth

Mar 9, 2022, 12:33:03 PM3/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm glad to hear you're excited about the bandanas, Bill, I am too. I designed 'em!

Bill Lindsay

Mar 9, 2022, 1:40:55 PM3/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice work Eric!

Grant made a big mistake saying in the video they were going to price them at $8.  I happily paid $20 for a PAUL bandana and I would have happily paid $20 for this one.  At $8 they are going to sell out fast, and there will be handwringers who didn't get one, and bellyachers complaining that they were overpriced at $8, and more whiners when Grant's prophecy comes true and they appear on eBay with a markup.  People!  Haha.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Eric Marth

Mar 9, 2022, 5:34:14 PM3/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks, Bill!

Fortunately, I don't think they'll sell out right away. Let's just say... they are getting a lot of them. Made in the USA by the same people who make the Hav A Hank paisley bandanas we all know and love.

From what I understand Grant wanted the pricing to be low because in certain situations a bandana needs to be disposable or consumable. And at $20 that could really hurt!

I suggested the fancy bandana makers but Grant said no way, too expensive. They might have also had a hard time hitting the quantity for the order. I think getting the price down was a great way to go. That'll ensure we can all have a small hoard of them.

Bill Lindsay

Mar 10, 2022, 8:24:19 AM3/10/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Lots of bandanas for the win!  I'll spend the extra on other fun stuff.

BL in EC

Paul Clifton

Mar 10, 2022, 7:10:08 PM3/10/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Using the Add 10,000 to Cart trick, there are something like 3900 bandanas, so that's LOTS, and if they run out this month, we'll know it's a bandana hoarder.

Paul in AR

Bill Lindsay

Mar 10, 2022, 8:32:00 PM3/10/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I only bought 250 of them, so there are plenty for the rest of y'all!

[narrator voice]: Bill bought two bandanas...

BL in EC