Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Philip Barrett

no leída,
15 ago 2021, 18:45:1715/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
I know this picture is a Brompton but it shows the part I'm looking for & can't seem to find and don't even know what it's called. Maybe some crowdsourcing can help me?

I'm looking for the seatpost mounted (or seat mounted) bar or strut that would allow to attach a backpack as shown. The Nitto R50 really wouldn't work for this.

Any ideas?

8062173316_893012265a_h.jpg

rlti...@gmail.com

no leída,
15 ago 2021, 19:04:3515/8/21
a rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If it’s the one I’m thinking of they just used a wood dowel attached to the Brooks bag loops using toe straps. Low tech but supposed to be functional.

Robert Tilley
San Diego, CA

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2021, at 3:45 PM, Philip Barrett <philipr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I know this picture is a Brompton but it shows the part I'm looking for & can't seem to find and don't even know what it's called. Maybe some crowdsourcing can help me?

I'm looking for the seatpost mounted (or seat mounted) bar or strut that would allow to attach a backpack as shown. The Nitto R50 really wouldn't work for this.

Any ideas?

<8062173316_893012265a_h.jpg>

<8062173316_893012265a_h.jpg>

Philip Barrett

no leída,
15 ago 2021, 19:19:4515/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
The one in the picture appears to clamp to the seat post though?

Joe Bernard

no leída,
15 ago 2021, 19:28:1515/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
I think the clamp you're looking at is the quick-release on the upper part of a telescoping seatpost. It appears the dowel is attached somehow to the saddle.

Joe Bernard

J L

no leída,
15 ago 2021, 19:48:4615/8/21
a rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
What everyone else said.

Here is another link that shows how one might install such a strap hanging rod: https://youtu.be/vfQe4f0jbZs

One important note, plan for a way to keep the backpack strap from easily sliding off either sode of the dowel. Crutch or walker bump stop? Shower curtain tension rod bump stop?

*question for anyone who has used this setup.
Would this work easily with a “mini rack” or does the full size Brompton rack need to be in place to support the backpack.

Cheers
Jason

Patrick Moore

no leída,
15 ago 2021, 20:54:4515/8/21
a rbw-owners-bunch
This is not a dedicated product, but it's a good alternative: fashion a sturdy bracket using a tandem stoker's stem and a properly-sized length of straight handlebar, I've done this to hang other sorts of bags. This method has the advantage of holding the bag slightly away from and below the saddle.

Patrick Moore

Se ha eliminado el mensaje

Philip Barrett

no leída,
16 ago 2021, 9:54:3016/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
Standby, I have a cunning plan...

Garth

no leída,
16 ago 2021, 10:57:0316/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
If you read the article from which the photo appears it is indeed simply a wooden dowel strapped to the Brooks saddle loops.

Philip Barrett

no leída,
20 ago 2021, 13:53:2920/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
A short stroll down the shopping aisles at Amazon and we have a solution. Short stem, seatpost & some rubber feed that fit nice & tight without needing to glue so can be removed. Total investment >$25!

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, they're what led me to this. Waiting on Aliexpress for a titanium rack so loose fit up for now.

PXL_20210820_170350239.jpg
PXL_20210820_170435931.jpg

Patrick Moore

no leída,
20 ago 2021, 14:00:5420/8/21
a rbw-owners-bunch
Well done!

Minh

no leída,
20 ago 2021, 14:39:2120/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
phillip, seems like you got big plans/adventures planned for your brompton!

fyi, this approach of using a stem on the seatpost is exactly how berthoud mounts their cages for their bigger seat bags!

Philip Barrett

no leída,
20 ago 2021, 14:43:4620/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks!

Right now it's really to start taking on work trips with me & this way I can carry my laptop & stuff easily to & from venues & hotels without being Mr. Sweaty Back when I get there.

But I do have a mad idea involving the TransAmerica Trail and a Brompton. *wink*

lconley

no leída,
20 ago 2021, 15:48:3020/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
I did the TOSRV south (2 day double century) on a Bike Friday Metro (7 speed). Didn't Lon Haldeman ride coast to coast on a Bike Friday?

Laing

Minh

no leída,
29 ago 2021, 16:34:1829/8/21
a RBW Owners Bunch
i ran across this recently and find it wild, travel suit case for your bromton that then collapses and attaches to the front of the brompton to ride away!

Paul Armijo

no leída,
30 ago 2021, 15:37:5530/8/21
a rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, I’ve newly acquired an Atlantis 2 and I’m trying to get a better fit. Interested in a pair of bull moose handlebars if anyone is willing to part with a pair.

Steven Sweedler

no leída,
30 ago 2021, 16:42:2930/8/21
a rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Paul, I have a set of the vintage Nitto Bullmoose bars, if those would work for you. Steve

--
Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire