FS: 60 cm Quickbeam

joe kelly

Dec 8, 2023, 1:28:00 PM12/8/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hello
I have decided to sell my 60 cm quickbeam. I bought it used and customized it with lots of stuff from Rivendell. I had a wheelset made that is a 5sp 120 rear hub and a dyno front hub I got from Rivendell with velocity twin hollow wheels. It has lightsfront and rear, a sackville small, fenders, campee front rack with wall basket and net. Nitto stem with albatross bars, nitto post with broooks b17 and randi jo cover. Sugino crank with mkx pedals. Original wheelset included too. Bar end shifters and cheapy derailers.
$1750 obo
Thanks
Joe

joe kelly

Dec 8, 2023, 1:35:18 PM12/8/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Stuff I forgot to mention; it’s orange, I don’t want to ship it but would be willing to drive to meet up, I’m in Columbus Ohio, it has set for a few years now since cycling faded away and golf took over as favorite hobby. Has jack brown green tires, front one is flat needs a new tube probably, it won’t pump up. Has a brass bell.
I loved assembling and riding this bike but I just haven’t touched it in a few years. Just writing this for sale post brought back so many nice memories. Maybe it can make nice memories for the next owner too. Hope so anyway.
Thanks
Joe

joe kelly

Dec 8, 2023, 1:40:18 PM12/8/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
46780F3C-B0EE-4FE7-A1CE-BF6F9821C55F.jpeg

Cyclofiend Jim

Dec 8, 2023, 6:41:58 PM12/8/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ha! It's kind of disconcerting to see a Quickbeam with front and rear derailers.
Front/Rear were the Suzue hubs?

Jim

joe kelly

Dec 8, 2023, 9:22:59 PM12/8/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

The original wheelset is high flange suzue front and rear. The rear has threads on both sides so mine has a 16t freewheel and a 14t fixed cog. The long dropouts allow this to work. I remember Paul or white industries made a 2 cog freewheel and I always thought it would be funny to put one on each side, like a 15-17 and a 16-18 or whatever but honestly the novelty does wear off of manually shifting even 2 gears plus those freewheels were mega expensive.
Anyway the 5sp is a sunshine brand from Japan ( probably) I got off a list member here and the dyno hub is sp brand I think. Whatever affordable hub they were selling to years ago just can’t remember. I bought velocity twin hollow rims with non machined sidewalls (crazy to think I can’t remember Wednesdays lunch but that detail is firmly lodged in my brain) and had them built at Baer wheels here in Columbus. I don’t remember if the spokes were butted, who knows 🤷‍♂️.

joe kelly

Dec 17, 2023, 1:19:00 PM12/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bumping this. Maybe my asking price is too high? I’m not sure what a used quickbeam is worth. I’m open to offers. Perhaps some one would want some of the parts? I could ship a rack or a saddle but possibly not a wheelset. Open to possibilities.
Thank you
Joe

Mike Godwin

Dec 18, 2023, 11:31:34 AM12/18/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Joe, my $0.02
It seems like two sets of wheels will come with the bike?  If so put that in your FS description too. Its a reasonable asking price as a starting point, since it also has lighting and a generator hub. You will likely get some bites if you are willing to ship, or help with arranging packing and shipping from your LBS.

Mike "trying to thin the herd" Godwin SLO CA

Edwin W

Dec 18, 2023, 5:49:39 PM12/18/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Joe,

You have a very cool bike that is not very common. I cannot say what the "right" price is, but there are a few ways to improve your chance of selling it:
  1. Make the bike look its best. Give it a good wash and pump up the tires. A bike with flat tires looks like a neglected bike. If you do not have time or the expertise, offer a kid in the neighborhood $25 to "make it shine."
  2. Show off the bike. Take more pictures, showing off any bright (or dull) spots
  3. Tell us about the bike. List the major components, especially those different from stock
  4. Grow your potential market: be open to shipping. Call around to a few local bike shops and say "how much would it cost to box up a bike and have it ready for bike flights to pick it up?" You can add that to the cost, or split it with the buyer. Check out bike flights and familiarize yourself with the process.
Best of luck,

Edwin

Philip Williamson

Dec 21, 2023, 1:48:54 AM12/21/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Joe,
If you search this group for “Quickbeam”, you’ll see that a list member’s orange 62cm QB in near perfect condition sold recently on eBay for $1800 plus $180 shipping. Thats the top of the market, as far as I can tell. You are very close to that, but the bikes aren’t at the same level of polish and presentment.

Also selling recently were a couple of 60cm green QBs for $1100 (on Facebook, with Phil hubs) and $1200 (Craigslist, with fancy brakes). This is more normal Quickbeam pricing, with the $1100 one being a very nice price, and it sold in 2 days.

If I were you, I’d strip the cool wheels, lights, and derailleurs off, put the original wheels back on, and list it for $1200 plus shipping.

Philip
Sonoma County, CA

joe kelly

Jan 8, 2024, 1:35:12 PMJan 8
to RBW Owners Bunch
Update
The ff/hs/bb has sold along with the crank, the original wheels, post and the 5sp rear wheel. This leaves me with a pile o’ parts!
I have sks fenders, downtube shifters on bar end pods, albatross bars, technomic stem, campee front rack, two wald baskets lg and sm, eyc front light, Bm rear light, brooks b.17, randi jo cover, Mks sneaker pedals, Jack brown green tires and the front dyno wheel.
For pricing I’m asking half of what Rivendell sells the item for new. Everything is in good used condition. On the dyno wheel I used my best guess got what a hand built wheel is worth.
For shipping I would ask that buyer and I split the actual cost. I would ask for payment of items then a second payment that would be half of shipping. Clunky perhaps but I think it’s at least a fair way to do it.
I’ll attach a pic of the price list.
Thanks
Joe

joe kelly

Jan 8, 2024, 1:42:10 PMJan 8
to RBW Owners Bunch
2BC719F8-2FD7-45A6-81DB-AF4A6D5C7C9E.jpeg

D D

Jan 8, 2024, 1:43:11 PMJan 8
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Joe. Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t get an attachment with prices. Try again?

Dyno curious Dustin in VA

On Jan 8, 2024, at 1:35 PM, 'joe kelly' via RBW Owners Bunch <rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Update

D D

Jan 8, 2024, 1:45:15 PMJan 8
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Of course!  There it is as soon as I hit send.

joe kelly

Jan 8, 2024, 1:47:54 PMJan 8
to RBW Owners Bunch
Extra special bonus for buyers of multiple items. First you will save a little on shipping, who doesn’t love that, but also you wil get to pick from one of the following bonus items; 1.hunquapillar post card, unsent, 2. Old man Peterson’s ferrous velocipede sticker, 3.entmoot 14 patch.
image.jpg