A Glorius New Bike Day! (Not for me, for once)

Reid Echols

Mar 7, 2020, 6:45:01 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
When you spot a mint condition Glorius a couple hours away in your spouse’s size, you jump in the car and drive, drive, drive. This may be the most beautiful bike I’ve ever seen. First pic is as it came (though I’d already swapped the wheels from her old bike, hence the rotors), second is built to spousal spec. She’s already in love, and it’s her first Riv!

Jubilantly,
Reid in Austin
BB0B34B9-8C5E-460F-9653-766816E52F02.jpeg
11303FBF-55E2-4353-A68E-55BDC8FA147C.jpeg
Message has been deleted

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Mar 7, 2020, 7:48:26 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well, I don’t think anyone will be surprised that I’m in love with it. In such good condition, too! What does your wife have to say about it; does she know what a treasure this bike is? It’s just to die for.

Leah

Joe Bernard

Mar 7, 2020, 8:29:44 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Those headtube lugs. Oh my! ❤️

Roberta

Mar 7, 2020, 9:38:16 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
WOWZA! That is one beautiful bike.

She is one lucky lady to 1) own the bike (I hope she gets lots of happy miles on it, and 2) to have her husband perfect it for her.

Philip Williamson

Mar 7, 2020, 9:40:58 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's really great. Congratulations to you both!

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA

David Bivins

Mar 7, 2020, 9:59:15 PM3/7/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations! It’s beautiful! What a great gift.

Jason Fuller

Mar 7, 2020, 10:29:04 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
What a find!  Definitely one of the more beautiful bicycles I've ever seen, and timeless at that.  Hard to imagine why someone would have sold it, but good job scooping it up.

JAS

Mar 7, 2020, 11:11:50 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oh my...the gorgeous head tube lugs and the contrast with the red and white. Exquisite. Way to go!

Eric G@rs

Mar 7, 2020, 11:47:08 PM3/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
The bike looks great! Are you planning to keep it as a de facto 1x with a triple crank?

Eric
SF

Reid Echols

Mar 8, 2020, 4:37:01 PM3/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
She loves it! Very quickly noted the lively feel and smoother turning than her previous bike, a very solid and dependable Trek mixte with disc brakes. It’s truly a stunning bike to look at, and in wonderful shape despite its relative age.

We’re keeping the triple while she tests out different ratios, then will likely go down to a single ring and bashguard at some point.

Now the only problem is that I’m jealous! Any 64cm Gloriae or Wilburies out there? :)

Dave Small

Mar 8, 2020, 4:57:38 PM3/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
What Joe said!

Abcyclehank

Mar 8, 2020, 5:16:42 PM3/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Reid,
They never made any 64 G’s or W’s; otherwise I would have one you would be pestering me about!

Enjoy the fact that your wife will likely give you some serious latitude regarding future bike endeavors because her bike is nicer than any of yours. Well played smart young man.

Sincerely,
Ryan Hankinson
West Michigan

Ed Carolipio

Mar 8, 2020, 10:43:13 PM3/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
The downtube decal doubles as the caption: "Glorious"

--Ed C.