FS:Handsome Cycles Cromoly She Devil 55cm Anthracite Mixte New Tange headset Sugino BB Riv like

Message has been deleted

Carla Waugh

Feb 23, 2020, 1:22:57 PM2/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I really enjoy my Handsome Fredward singlespeed with Phil hubs. It's currently not a Rivendell but it is a nice enough frame and fork for a good price. Good luck

hobie

Feb 23, 2020, 1:35:11 PM2/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks. I did take a brief spin on a She Devil and it was a great riding bike.

Roberta

Feb 23, 2020, 8:01:42 PM2/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have one and it’s a nice riding bike especially for around the city. Although I have to admit it doesn’t get as much love since I got a Riv. I’m willing to lock this bike in the city, which I haven’t been willing to do with my Riv.

hobie

Feb 23, 2020, 8:05:23 PM2/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
What city do you lock a bike up in? :)

Roberta

Feb 23, 2020, 8:15:54 PM2/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Philadelphia. It’s a high bike theft city.

I just got a third ULock so now I’m finally willing to do so. 2 Arbus granite locks and a Kryptonite NY one. The locks weigh about the same as than the bike!😊. I’m still not willing to do that with my Rivs yet. Perhaps in the suburbs.

hobie

Feb 23, 2020, 8:20:22 PM2/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I was a bike messenger in NYC late 70's early 80's. Bike theft was very high back then. I once had a beat up single speed that was stolen. Then a week later I saw it loosely locked up to a stand pipe at Macy's Hearld Square. Guess what happened next?

REC

Feb 23, 2020, 8:46:29 PM2/23/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Awesome ending!  I’m sure NYC’s bike theft problem is worse than here.

Sent from my iPhone

Tom Wyland

Feb 24, 2020, 8:52:30 AM2/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've been commuting on my Handsome Devil for about 6 years now. It's a great bike that's pretty much like a Canti Sam H. that's all tig welded. Really tough powder coating, can take a 700x38 tire with fenders, and favors a front load. I've looked at the She Devil as there are not many canti/V brake step-throughs out there that will take a 45mm tire.  I'm holding out for the Canti Cheviot (Joe A fork, maybe??)  that will hopefully be available from Riv this summer. I really hope they make it in orange.

Tom

hobie

Feb 24, 2020, 8:58:58 AM2/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I found that 700x38 is the sweet spot for tires on the road and flat trail. I had that size on my Saluki years back. That is one of the reasons I bought the She Devil for the 38 size tire. The tires I used.Schwalbe Marathon wire bead 700x38. Very fast,stable and cut resistant tires.

Chris L

Feb 24, 2020, 9:27:14 AM2/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Handsome Devil was my first bike that was built up from a frameset.  Here it is with 40mm Schwalbe Dureme tires on Velocity Dyad rims.

Handsome Devil 40mm Dureme.png

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted