FS Berthoud Aspin/Aravis replacement leather top, black

David Wadstrup

Nov 7, 2019, 6:42:05 PM11/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

I decided I'd really rather have a brown vs. black saddle on my orange Quickbeam, so I switched out the leather tops.  The black is still in great shape and rather than have it sit in a parts bin for years to come, I figured I'd pass it along.  It's been lightly ridden and is in pretty great shape with only minor signs of wear.  Just some scuffing of the black.  No stretching or indentations or anything.  Never rained on.  I love Berthoud saddles -- super comfortable, all parts are replaceable.  Anyways, if you have an Aravis or Aspin saddle and need a new top or just would like a back up at a reasonable cost, please PM me.  These go for $135 new, but I'm not really sure what to ask fo this gently used one.  Does $50 sound like too much?

IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

IMG_1135.jpeg

David Wadstrup

Nov 7, 2019, 7:16:40 PM11/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I forgot to include shipping, sorry.  $12 CONUS.  Thanks!

Abcyclehank

Nov 7, 2019, 8:03:48 PM11/7/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
PM sent on both items.

Ryan Hankinson
(616)928-4226

Clayton.sf

Nov 8, 2019, 12:33:08 AM11/8/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think this is the first time I have seen a saddle leather sale on this or the iBOB list.

CS
HbG, Ca

Joe Bernard

Nov 8, 2019, 4:09:06 AM11/8/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I didn't know you could just pop one out and drop a new one in. That's nifty!

Steve Palincsar

Nov 8, 2019, 6:15:13 AM11/8/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

"Pop" is a bit optimistic -- there are 9 torx screws you have to undo and redo, which is a little tedious, but yes the tops are user-replaceable.  So are the rails.  And really, not just theoretically, as with Brooks.   That's not the only improvement over Brooks, either: the slots in the cantle plate that serve as bag loops are much more elegant than the Brooks solution.

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia

David Wadstrup

Nov 8, 2019, 7:58:02 AM11/8/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
The replacement top is sold.  Thank you everyone.