Want to Buy: Rivendell Brand V handlebar bag

Bill Lindsay

Sep 23, 2019, 2:43:36 PM9/23/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Riv has offered in the past a line of "vegan" bags with no leather.  This sub-line of bags was called "Brand V" with the classic double-meaning slogan "Holier than Cow".

One of the Brand-V products was a handlebar bag.  It's got two velcro loops around the drop handlebar top, and two webbing loops that loop around the brakelevers.  It's a tan smallish rectangular boxy handlebar bag.

I have one of these and want one more.  I'm not desperate, but I will put my virtual cash money on the barrelhead for you to claim it.  My offer is $60 shipped to Union City CA, for one of these.  If you've got one and want to convert it to money, let me know.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Brian Campbell

Sep 23, 2019, 2:54:53 PM9/23/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bill,

I don't have a brand v bag but was looking for something similar and found this:

I might be an alternative should you not be able to track down and Brand V.

Bill Lindsay

Sep 23, 2019, 3:05:55 PM9/23/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for that link, but that's too small.  I have three different handlebar bags on-hand that are small like that.

Bill

David Bivins

Sep 23, 2019, 5:01:15 PM9/23/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Was it this one?
image.png
Because that doesn't look "smallish" to me! :) Maybe the bar tape is making it look wider than it actually is.

Bill Lindsay

Sep 23, 2019, 6:19:06 PM9/23/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
It's not exactly what I have, but it's very close.  I'd pay my price for the one in the picture or one to match the one I already have.

I guess smallish is in the eye of the beholder.  I'd characterize a normal traditional handlebar bag as "medium".  A normal traditional handlebar bag requires a rack and a decaleur.  I would characterize a porteur bag as "large", which requires a large flat porteur rack.  Anything that hangs from the bars with no rack is 'smallish' in my book.  :)

Bill

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 11:54:53 AM UTC-7, Brian Campbell wrote:
Bill,

I don't have a brand v bag but was looking for something similar and found this:

I might be an alternative should you not be able to track down and Brand V.

Conway Bennett

Sep 23, 2019, 7:37:49 PM9/23/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bill,

I have one with real beausage. It's been ridden hard and put away wet but I have been contemplating selling it as I am going through a revaluate, consolidate, and cull phase.

Bill Lindsay

Sep 23, 2019, 7:44:30 PM9/23/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'll be glad to have a look at it.  If you think my price is too high, I'll be willing to consider something else as well...

Bill

Conway Bennett

Sep 23, 2019, 7:49:29 PM9/23/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Probably too high for this one.  I'll take pics but it's fraying near the zipper and the strap that goes around the stem pulled off long ago but I still have it.  The map case is pristine though!  This may be the first Rivendell product I ever owned and everyone was gushing over it when I visited Riv back in 2013 to buy my Sam.

Fair winds,

Captain Conway Bennett
239.877.4119

RichS

Sep 24, 2019, 10:32:51 AM9/24/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bill,

I have the "not boxy" more but tubular version of the Brand V bag. Love the bag but wish it was at least "water resistant". Short of storing the contents inside a plastic bag have you (or anyone else in the group) experimented with waterproofing your Brand V bag?

Hope you find that second bag!

Thanks very much,
Rich in ATL