מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

ANDREW ALLEN ERMAN

לא נקראה,
1 במאי 2020, 18:47:001.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Hi you all.  I thought I would share some pictures of a favorite bike of mine.  I bought the bike many years ago because I loved the way it looked.  Please note the tall head tube.  I finally got it to ride comfortably with a lot of help from Will at RBW (various stems and handlebars) and lots of adjustment.  This bike taught me that having the handlebars elevated is a good thing (for me).I found it in a bike store and was told that a mother had ordered the bike from England for her son, who apparently did not want it.  Anyway, here are the pictures of the bike in my office (I have the best parking space at UCLA).  Best, Andy
IMG_2157.jpeg
IMG_2158.jpeg
IMG_2159.jpeg
IMG_2160.jpeg

Curtis McKenzie

לא נקראה,
1 במאי 2020, 20:56:551.5.2020
עד rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Cool bicycle.  Color and head tube are amazing.

Enjoy,

Curtis

On Fri, May 1, 2020, 3:47 PM ANDREW ALLEN ERMAN <aer...@g.ucla.edu> wrote:
Hi you all.  I thought I would share some pictures of a favorite bike of mine.  I bought the bike many years ago because I loved the way it looked.  Please note the tall head tube.  I finally got it to ride comfortably with a lot of help from Will at RBW (various stems and handlebars) and lots of adjustment.  This bike taught me that having the handlebars elevated is a good thing (for me).I found it in a bike store and was told that a mother had ordered the bike from England for her son, who apparently did not want it.  Anyway, here are the pictures of the bike in my office (I have the best parking space at UCLA).  Best, Andy

JAS

לא נקראה,
1 במאי 2020, 22:05:301.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Andy, you are a lucky person.  It's gorgeous!  And that's what I call a beautiful fork.  I love the chrome on top, the white outline of the lugs, the chrome of the fork curve into the front axle and the swirly details.  Outstanding.

RichS

לא נקראה,
2 במאי 2020, 11:24:462.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Very nice Andy. What a find! I've always liked Mercians but never owned one. Grant referenced Mercian's influence in one of his two recent Blahgs.

I'm curious. How do you like the "stove enamel" finish and how does it compare to conventional wet paint? Thanks very much for sharing the images.

Best,
Rich in ATL

ANDREW ALLEN ERMAN

לא נקראה,
2 במאי 2020, 12:03:112.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Rich, thanks for your response.  The paint givens the impression of a bit more depth and glow.  I love the aesthetics of bikes and get pleasure from glancing over at my bike as I work (this includes my Clem H) that I mainly use for commuting.

Best,

Andy

Ray Varella

לא נקראה,
2 במאי 2020, 18:52:522.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Can anyone explain what exactly “stove enamel” is and how it differs from paint?

Is it just a form of enamel that hardens better by baking?

Ray

R Shannon

לא נקראה,
2 במאי 2020, 20:36:132.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Ray,

Here is the explanation from Mercian.

Best,
Rich in ATL

Lester Lammers

לא נקראה,
3 במאי 2020, 17:05:573.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
With that head tube, I'd guess that it was a custom frame. I had a King of Mercia years ago and it was a fine ride until it and I were hit by a car. There may be a serial number on the bottom bracket and I think Mercian may be able to shed some light on the head tube.

On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 6:47:00 PM UTC-4, ANDREW ALLEN ERMAN wrote:

Ray Varella

לא נקראה,
3 במאי 2020, 17:24:543.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Thank you Rich.

Ray

ANDREW ERMAN

לא נקראה,
3 במאי 2020, 17:34:133.5.2020
עד rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the car accident!  I hope you recovered fully.  Andy

Ryan Nute

לא נקראה,
5 במאי 2020, 9:51:495.5.2020
עד RBW Owners Bunch
Sweet ride!  Fancy lugs!

Ryan

On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 3:47:00 PM UTC-7, ANDREW ALLEN ERMAN wrote:
השב לכולם
השב למחבר
העבר לנמענים
0 הודעות חדשות