Campy Hub Shimano cassette??? or 34 tooth cog

Bernard Duhon

Apr 10, 2024, 4:54:09 PMApr 10
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

I have a Campy hub and can't get large enough cassette. Would like a 34 tooth cassette
I'm running friction shifters.
Is there a hack that would allow me to get 34 tooth cassette on that Campy hub?

John S

Apr 10, 2024, 6:17:19 PMApr 10
to RBW Owners Bunch
How many speeds are you running? Campy offers 11-34 cassettes for their 12-speed groupsets, and there is now a 12-speed-compatible bar end shifter available through Soma.

Bernard Duhon

Apr 10, 2024, 6:35:25 PMApr 10
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

I am now set up for 10/9 speed

I would then need a new deraileur, chain & chainrings & cassette ?

Cheaper to get a Shimano wheel. & use Shimano cassette I have.

Thanks tho.

Nick Payne

Apr 10, 2024, 8:13:44 PMApr 10
to RBW Owners Bunch
Campagnolo make Shimano-compatible freehubs for some of their wheels/hubs. I've had one in use on a wheel built with a Campagnolo Record hub for at least 15 years. Google "campagnolo shimano freehub body" (without quotes).

Nick Payne