FS: The brakelevers you want for your Gus or Susie build

Bill Lindsay

Jun 27, 2022, 1:53:13 PM6/27/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
You:  Have a new Gus or Susie build and you are pulling parts together, considering springing for Paul Love Levers, but hoping to back into something that performs as well and isn't so pricey

Me:  Have the ongoing project of parting out a dear friend's bike

I'm now into the parts from Juel-Ann's bike that I am tempted to buy for myself.  Up for sale is a practically NOS set of Shimano Deore XT M739 brakelevers.  These are from the mid 1990s before everything went to disc brakes.  These are among the nicest V-Brake levers you could ever want (aka Linear Pull, aka Long Pull).

In addition to having a nice and understated reach adjuster, they also have a nice digital pull-adjuster.  With two inserts, they are long pull for ful-sized V-Brakes.  With no inserts, they have a good pull-rate for cantilevers or long-reach caliper brakes.  With one insert, they would do with in-between setups, like maybe smaller-sized V-Brakes?

Anyhow, these are sensational and anybody who has an upright-bar rim-brake build in their future would be pumped to have a pair of these on the shelf.

$80 shipped, which is right in line with the going price on the second hand market.  For cheaper than this, I'll "buy" them and they'll go into my brakelever box.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Photos:

Bill Lindsay

Jun 28, 2022, 11:57:22 AM6/28/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
SOLD.  If you are in the market for caliper brakes, I've listed three sets: short, mid, and long reach.  The post is over on iBob.  The photos are at the bottom of my "Stuff For Sale" flickr album:

BL in EC