WTB: Wavie Bar 750x31.8

Paul Clifton

Oct 8, 2022, 11:15:09 AM10/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
If you have a 750mm wide Wavie bar sitting around, I'd love to buy it from you. Please send me a PM. If you know another place besides Riv to source that bar, please let me know!

I have the narrow one, but I want the wide one :)

Loscos sweep back too much on my Gus, and the narrow Wavie's just aren't quite wide enough for the handling I want on the chunky single track. Tumbleweed Persuaders are just about perfect, but they are too wide and I don't want to cut them down before I give the wide Wavies a try.

Paul in AR

larson....@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2022, 12:21:24 PM10/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I could be wrong, but I don’t think there is such a bar. I think it is listed as a possible size, and was teased as a possibility in 2022. Someone please correct me if this is incorrect - I’m very interested in this bar as well!
Randy in Wisconsin

Joe Mullins

Oct 9, 2022, 12:38:10 PM10/9/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I think it’s only 700 wide but you can add those bar end extension things (can’t remember what they’re called) to make it wider. A buddy at Golden Saddle did that to his.

Joe

On Oct 9, 2022, at 9:21 AM, larson....@gmail.com <larson....@gmail.com> wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think there is such a bar. I think it is listed as a possible size, and was teased as a possibility in 2022. Someone please correct me if this is incorrect - I’m very interested in this bar as well!

Jared Wilson

Oct 9, 2022, 12:40:07 PM10/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Randy, I believe you're correct that they haven't actually made those 31.8 Wavies yet.

I do have a pair of the new for 2022 and also currently sold out Bull Bar 70cm x 31.8 I'm going to listing on the group if either of you are interested, $100 + shipping.

Jared

Paul Clifton

Oct 10, 2022, 11:46:46 AM10/10/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the info. I did email Spencer, so I'll let y'all know what he says, and I guess I'll sign up for the back in stock email.

Paul

Joe G

Oct 10, 2022, 2:59:25 PM10/10/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I inquired with Spencer at Riv a while back when I got my set of bars.  I was told that 750mm sets are not actually a thing yet but they may expect them in this coming year.    I tried to find the email but think I deleted it.  I would suggest following up with him.   I tried to find my email but think I deleted it… If I recall correctly he made it sound as though there are no 750 wavies out there new or used as they have yet to hit the streets.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Paul Clifton

Oct 10, 2022, 4:15:50 PM10/10/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Spencer wrote me back and said they aren't coming this year. Maybe next year, but maybe not until some time after that. Basically, it sounds like it's a maybe.

I'm going to try the Seine Bar from Velo Orange: https://velo-orange.com/products/seine-bar?variant=36019860832406
It has a little bit less sweep than the Wavie, but a little more sweep than the Tumbleweed Persuader, and the price is right, so I won't have any problem cutting it down if I need to.

Paul in AR