RoadeoRosa teaser

Bill Lindsay

Feb 9, 2024, 5:22:34 PMFeb 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rick at D&D tells me he'll be delivering my Roadeo frame set to Rivendell HQ next week sometime.  He gave me a sneak peek at my color-matched Rene Herse/Honjo fenders.  Here they are:

It's getting real

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Ryan

Feb 9, 2024, 5:42:20 PMFeb 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow...is it ever! Is that a fade or just lighting ?

Dying to see the finished bike...as you are no doubt

Bill Lindsay

Feb 9, 2024, 5:50:37 PMFeb 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
It's just Pink with Cream scalloped tips.  No fade.

BL in EC

Steve

Feb 9, 2024, 7:36:33 PMFeb 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
I never would have considered pink as a desired color for a bike of my own -- until I laid eyes on a  Crust Bombora. Bill, I'm laying down a bet that your Roadeo Rosa will out bombora the Bombora!!!   I'm eagerly awaiting some glamour pics of the beauty.

Steve in Asheville

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Feb 9, 2024, 8:44:17 PMFeb 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
I love it already. It’s the perfect pink. And we only have to wait until next week to see it!

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Feb 9, 2024, 8:57:15 PMFeb 9
to RBW Owners Bunch
That’s a good bike, and a great color. The lawyer lips were lost in transit? Or that’s a semi custom option?
Here’s a great essay by David Byrne on Pink, if you’re interested- https://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/11/byrne.php
Enjoy!
-Kai

Bill Lindsay

Feb 12, 2024, 6:15:06 PMFeb 12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the article, Kai.  It wasn't the best-written article I have ever read, but there is a lot of fun cultural history content in there.

Pink for the win!

BL in EC

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Feb 12, 2024, 9:42:04 PMFeb 12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Maybe not the best, but pretty good considering that whole psycho-killer business..  And the celebrity one is most likely to see on an N-YC bike path!
So yeah, good article, better bike.
-Kai

Steven Seelig

Feb 13, 2024, 9:09:58 AMFeb 13
to RBW Owners Bunch
My sister lives in the same building as David Byrne in Manhattan.  I've seen his bikes stored in the basement.  He definitely rides them.

John Dewey

Feb 13, 2024, 10:33:36 AMFeb 13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
And it is the David Byrne, after all.

Bill Lindsay

Feb 14, 2024, 10:50:24 PMFeb 14
to RBW Owners Bunch
Mark tells me my frame is sitting in his stand right now...

I'm going to pick it up Thursday morning, and I have to pick my headbadge.  The Roadeo head badge comes in Red or in Blue.  The Roadeo page on the website shows them both.  I'm definitely going blue.  There are a few touches of blue that will show up elsewhere on the build, so that will tie in.

I'm pretty sure I have absolutely every piece of the build so it may be New Bike Day less than 24 hours from now.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Leah Peterson

Feb 15, 2024, 6:04:30 AMFeb 15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
DRAT this 3 hour time zone difference. I’ll be waiting forever over here! Hurry, hurry!

On Feb 14, 2024, at 10:50 PM, Bill Lindsay <tape...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mark tells me my frame is sitting in his stand right now...

Ryan

Feb 15, 2024, 8:15:47 AMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
No kidding, Leah! I am dying to see this bike! Bill, you've been waiting a long time for it...mind you, I know you have a large stable, but still...

Steve

Feb 15, 2024, 9:32:41 AMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
waiting for it

Waiting For It

WAITING FOR IT

!!!

Sarah Carlson

Feb 15, 2024, 9:41:27 AMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Have you snuck over for even the littlest peek? I wouldn't be able to stop myself!

Am very much anticipating this pink bike reveal!

Bill Lindsay

Feb 15, 2024, 10:55:19 AMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Riv HQ closes at 3PM.  Rick from D&D dropped it off on his way home at like 3:15 yesterday, after they closed up.  Mark put it in his work stand and emailed me at 3:30 on his out.  There were no peek opportunities.  Riv HQ opens at 9AM PST this morning.  I've got a work meeting at 8, which I'm taking from home. When that meeting is over I'm off to pick it up.  My headset crown race setter is trash, so I'm going to have James or Antonio set my crown race and press in my headset cups.  That way we can take a couple of New Frame Day photos in front of the garage door, as is tradition.

BL in EC

Greg J

Feb 15, 2024, 12:42:08 PMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Can't wait!

2 new frames in the same week, Bill?

Greg in Oakland

Bill Lindsay

Feb 15, 2024, 2:50:57 PMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Two completely separate 6-month long projects each stretched out to 2-year projects independently and for different reasons.  Each of those two unrelated projects reach "New Frame Day" within hours of each other.  Correct.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Eric Daume

Feb 15, 2024, 3:01:49 PMFeb 15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
So which gets built first? Tough choice ahead!

Eric

Bill Lindsay

Feb 15, 2024, 3:21:28 PMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Roadeo may be done tonight.  I don't get the Falconer until Saturday.

BL in EC

Greg J

Feb 15, 2024, 5:40:48 PMFeb 15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Impressive.  It's taken me over 2 years to build up my Norther-L'avecaise, and I'm still not finished!

Greg / OAK