Re: [RBW] Cycling Glasses

Keith Weaver

Mar 26, 2020, 11:11:35 AM3/26/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I just went through this, and settled on some that I've been happy with. They are the Tifosi Tyrant 2.0. I got them with the brown polarized fototec lenses. That is a photochromic lens, they do lighten and darken based on on surrounding brightness. I can't say I've noticed the light transmission varying a lot, but they have been about right for cloudy and dusky conditions, as well as sunny days. There are a lot of other lens options for these, and they are interchangeable, so you can switch them up if desired. I also wanted some shades that would be somewhat stylish in off the bike settings, these are acceptable for me, if not the most good-looking casual shades.
Cheers,
Keith

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 6:28 PM DHans <dhansf...@gmail.com> wrote:
I’m looking to buy sunglasses/cycling glasses to wear riding but want a pair that function just as well off the bike. I’ve seen some Tifosi models that look nice and functional. I’ve worn Oakley for the past few years but don’t want to spend that much on a new pair. Does anyone like lenses that lighten and darken depending on the brightness of the day? I’d appreciate any feedback from my Riv compadres.
Doug

DHans

Joe Bernard

Mar 26, 2020, 2:29:34 PM3/26/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey Doug, if you're a fathead like me I have WAY too many Oakleys you might be interested in. They're rather unfortunately called "Asia Fit" by the company, but they work great on non-Asian me: most regular shades fit too tight at my ears while sliding down my nose, these solve that.

If interested I have a few that are good sport-plus-casual styles I'll sell crazy cheap, plus a couple full-on cycling style if anyone else here wants them. All in great condition, I take good care of my Oakleys and have too many!

Joe Bernard
joeremi62 gmail com
Text 415 786 4623

DHans

Mar 26, 2020, 5:23:17 PM3/26/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Joe hooked me up with 2 pairs of rad Oakleys!! Thanks Joe. You da man!
Doug

Joe Bernard

Mar 26, 2020, 5:35:08 PM3/26/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dude, I got too many, they need to be outside blocking sunlight!

Here's what's left, these names will makes sense to the folks in the market for them:

CrossRange
Flak 2.0, custom Iridium lenses
EVZero, I have a couple of these

Hollaback, everything must go cheap!