Appreciation of this group

Curtis McKenzie

Jul 1, 2019, 7:49:13 PM7/1/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Busted a chain while riding to catch the train to Seattle from Portland.  Field repair with quick link and chain tool allowed us to make the train with just minutes to spare.

Thanks to this group I knew the perfect bicycle shop for a repair in Seattle:  Back Alley Bicycle Repair shop.  Only a short ride from the train station the shop fixed us up while we ate lunch.  We made our ferry to Victoria with plenty of time.

Thanks,

Curtis

20190701_133200.jpg

dougP

Jul 1, 2019, 10:51:59 PM7/1/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Curtis:

That's great luck to have that happen far from home & yet work out for you.  Looks like you're on tour.  Don't forget to send postcards (i.e., report & photos).

doug

Andrew Letton

Jul 1, 2019, 11:03:08 PM7/1/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, cmc...@gmail.com
Glad you still made the ferry in time!

And now the important question ;-)  What is that "Bantam" frame? Looks a lot like my first generation 60cm Bombadil, but yours has an extra set of downtube bottle bosses and a different pump peg. What's your story?

cheers,
Andrew

Curtis McKenzie

Jul 2, 2019, 12:41:50 AM7/2/19
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Doug:  Will try to keep you posted.  Arrived in Victoria in the middle of Canada day.  We navigated out of the city to Longview Regional park for the night.  We currently have no Canadian dollars due to the holiday.  However, credit cards seem to be universal.  Tomorrow we visit the Butchgardens and then hit the Galloping goose trail.

Andrew: The frame is build by Bantam Bicycle Works (bantambicycles.com)  Please take a look at the website.  Bob is a great person and wonderful builder.  This bicycle is number 16.  I like the double top tube and being a 68 cm frame why not.  This has been the only bicycle I have ridden for the past four years.  Just fantastic!

dougP

Jul 2, 2019, 6:15:33 PM7/2/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
Curtis:

Dawned on me that I'd been there so when I looked for a photo, realized it was 10 years ago.  Tempus fugit.

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 4:49:13 PM UTC-7, Curtis wrote:
Hello All,

Busted a chain while riding to catch the train to Seattle from Portland.  Field repair with quick link and chain tool allowed us to make the train with just minutes to spare.

Thanks to this group I knew the perfect bicycle shop for a repair in Seattle:  Back Alley Bicycle Repair shop.  Only a short ride from the train station the shop fixed us up while we ate lunch.  We made our ferry to Victoria with plenty of time.

Thanks,

Curtis

the Trans Canada Hwy, BC.JPG