FS: Heron Rando-55cm

mikel...@juno.com

Mar 16, 2023, 9:10:47 PM3/16/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
https://providence.craigslist.org/bik/d/north-smithfield-heron-rivendell/7589671114.html

Here is a link to my friends Heron for sale

mike goldman
rhode island

J S

Mar 17, 2023, 12:38:04 PM3/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Mike, if I am not mistaken that is the old geometry.  I wonder what the standover is?

mikel...@juno.com

Mar 17, 2023, 2:03:55 PM3/17/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
joel,

they didnt make herons very long and only a handful of the Randos so i dont think or know if geometry changed. you can email my buddy through craigslist for the standover

mike

Tom Goodmann

Mar 17, 2023, 3:09:48 PM3/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
As I'm sure everyone knows, the Heron geo information is still available, though not standover figures: http://www.heronbicycles.com/geometry.html.   The geometry for the Heron Randonneur--very few of them made, as you say, Mike--is not so different from the Touring or Road models in terms of rake.  If this one were a 59 or 61 . . . !

Greg Parker has kindly shared with me that the Sportif has more of a lower-mid trail configuration, with standard diameter tubing, and a level TT.

Tom in Miami (temporarily in Colorado)

mike goldman

Mar 17, 2023, 3:14:57 PM3/17/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My buddy was told it's 1 of 18 randos made

Joe Bernard

Mar 17, 2023, 3:28:59 PM3/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Tom,

Do you know if this is a Ted Durant or Todd Kuzma Heron? The site you linked to discusses a Sportif model supposedly showing up in 2017 (third owner of the Heron company) but I'm not clear if they ever got going.

Joe Bernard

Tom Goodmann

Mar 17, 2023, 3:51:33 PM3/17/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

If you contact Greg Parker, he can get you a frame; the Sportifs are classy and classic-looking. While they are not designed for this w-i-d-e tire moment, they sure look like wonderful road bike frames that will accommodate tires suitable for randonneuring.  It'd be great to see them built up and as bare frames on the Heron web pages!

Tom