bending nitto struts

Michael Baquerizo

Jun 19, 2020, 10:44:03 AM6/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have already emailed Vince - but wondering if you guys can help.

I could have sworn riv had a vid on bending nitto struts. am I wrong? does anyone have an tips and necessary tools to make this happen? is it advisable?

any help would be appreciated.

Ginz

Jun 19, 2020, 10:58:16 AM6/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think they show putting them in a vice, covering them with a cloth or block of wood and tapping them with a mallet.

Shoji Takahashi

Jun 19, 2020, 11:24:05 AM6/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's how I do it, too. For symmetry, bolt the struts together. Here's a pic from OAC (scroll about halfway down):

Good luck!
shoji
Arlington MA

Michael Baquerizo

Jun 19, 2020, 8:21:04 PM6/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks guys - and thanks for the link. Maybe im broken and thats what i actually saw, not from Riv

Joe Bernard

Jun 19, 2020, 9:18:35 PM6/19/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It was a Riv video, too.

Gustavo Vasquez

Jun 27, 2020, 11:53:46 AM6/27/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I think they show putting them in a vice, covering them with a cloth or block of wood and tapping them with a mallet.

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Jun 27, 2020, 4:54:55 PM6/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Those benders work much better than the harsh edge of a vice. There's also super simple thick springs that fit the rod and disperse the bending pressure nicely, or bend using some nice soft pine as the fulcrum.
-Kai

Alex Wirth- Owner, Yellow Haus Bicycles

Jun 28, 2020, 10:46:24 PM6/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Happened across this pic today...

5236698F-330E-475F-9B58-054EF21C01A8.png