Bluelug/Nitto Losco Bar

Gabriel Bruguier

Jan 24, 2020, 6:04:55 PM1/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Hello all,

I saw this handlebar on Instagram the other day, and thought it might be of interest to the group.

It is a lower version of the Bosco bar, so, the Losco bar!  Specs are up on the Bluelug site, linked here

In my experience ordering from Bluelug has been great-- shipping is more expensive, but they ship fast, and all my orders have arrived in good shape.

Pancake

Jan 25, 2020, 12:13:07 PM1/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I saw that post too, another great swept back option! My Rosco Baby has the original Bosco and the rise is helpful, but I'd love to see the Losco on some other bikes, it fills a gap in the long sweep back bar options.
Abe

Jason Fuller

Jan 25, 2020, 1:48:03 PM1/25/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Brilliant.  I adore what Blue Lug and Simworks are doing.

Jason Braaten

Jan 26, 2020, 2:06:54 PM1/26/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
With the height of that stem, maybe he should have went with the normal Bosco bars. ;)

tc

Jan 27, 2020, 5:19:08 PM1/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for posting this. Ordered. Might go on an upcoming Atlantis build. Since they didn’t post any dimensions, I’ll post some, along with pics so folks can compare to Albatross (I never got Boscos cuz they’re too high and come back too far for my liking).

Tom

Joe Bernard

Jan 27, 2020, 5:50:36 PM1/27/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
It looks like somebody bent the curves back on a Nitto Noodle. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Gabriel Bruguier

Jan 28, 2020, 12:54:41 PM1/28/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Awesome, Tom.  Yes, please update.  I'm very intrigued by this bar even though at this time, I don't really need one.  But a little more info/ride report might just push me over the edge into that territory!  :D

tc

Jan 31, 2020, 10:09:05 PM1/31/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Handlebar nerds unite!  I received my 54cm (25.4 clamp) Losco bar today; It's really an interesting looking bar; can't wait to mount it on something and try it out....with a l-o-n-g stem.

Mounted, it comes back at ya about 7cm more than an Albatross.  The straight section before the bends is about 40cm, so plenty of room to put hands or mount something.  Attached are some pics, including one with measurements.  Note:  The middle dimension of the side view should read 2.1, not 2.

losco_drive_side_small.jpg

losco_front.jpg

losco_dimensions.jpg

Tom

Eric Grim

Feb 4, 2020, 12:37:14 PM2/4/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Neat looking bar.  I've transitioned from the Mustache, to the Albastache, and now my San Marcos wears Albatross bars, all in order to get a wider straight section in the front for hand comfort in a forward position.  (Always upside down, 'cause I like the classic "path racer" look.)  The Losco looks like it has an even wider straight section than the Albatross, and only a little rise/fall.  Tempting to try them sometime, when I have a few extra bucks (might have to economise on something to find room in the budget).  Still trying to find the magic combination of varieties of hand position, stem extension, and bar tilt to stave off hand numbness.
Limper Grim, Spokane
Message has been deleted

Roberta

Sep 20, 2020, 3:47:50 PM9/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
(I deleted last post because of a typo in a link, rendering the link useless.  This is the corrected version.)

Does anyone have rise information, especially on how it compares to the Albatross?    These bars aren't published on the excellent site whatbars.com .  Rise for Bosco is 100, for the Albas at 50 on the site.

I'm thinking about these for my Platypus.  These look like there's more room for bell, shifter, brakes in front of grips than the Albas.  It might even be better because it comes back a little more and I'm expecting the Platypus to be long in the middle.

Thanks,
Roberta

Ann L

Sep 20, 2020, 5:31:22 PM9/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I am also eyeing these for my future Platypus build.  I have a Bosco on my Appaloosa and an Albatross on my San Marcos.  The Losco looks like a hybrid between them.

Garth

Sep 20, 2020, 6:36:12 PM9/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Roberta, from what can tell in the write up and photos between Riv and BL websites, it is indeed a Bosco bar shape but with much less rise. Judging from the side views it's less rise than an Alba, about the same rise as a Billie, give or take 5mm. Whatever you can fit onto a Bosco bar would apply to the Losco.  If whatbars.com showed them they ought to appear the same shape as the images are only from above.

Joe Bernard

Sep 20, 2020, 11:17:17 PM9/20/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Roberta,

I have these on my Bombadil which will apparently never be completed..my bike building skills have lost their oomph! These truly terrible indoor-at-night pics should give you some sense of rise, reach and room for stuff. My tape measure shows me about 2.5cm rise or half of an Alba. That's with a slight drop from the clamp, too, these bars sit pretty low if you don't put them on a way-tall stem like I did.
20200920_195107.jpg
20200920_194957.jpg

kim young

Sep 21, 2020, 4:38:14 PM9/21/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
lost your ooomph? Oh my goodness JOE. are you sandbagging ?
I don't get a complete picture, had to zoom way in on those pics.
But your bombadil!!
 It's like wall-e and EVE....
i so love it.  bravo!!

Roberta

Sep 21, 2020, 5:23:07 PM9/21/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Garth and Joe,

Thanks for confirming that the rise is less than the Albatross.  Not exactly what I wanted to hear. But perhaps the bike  has a taller headtube that would make up for this.  Or, get one of those super-duper tall stem that BBDD loves on her Clem L.  But, I understand they are sold out everywhere.

Joe, are you OK?  This doesn't sound like you:  ..."Bombadil which will apparently never be completed..my bike building skills have lost their oomph!"  Perhaps it's just the bad air?

Roberta

Joe Bernard

Sep 21, 2020, 8:49:37 PM9/21/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Roberta and Kim the Flowerfang!

Yeah I've been draggin` hard the last 6 weeks or so. First the smoke then I tweaked my back lifting this way when I should have lifted that way..it’s been one damn thing after another this year! But I'm on the mend and my oomph should be back soon. I gotta finish this bike!

kim young

Sep 21, 2020, 9:18:00 PM9/21/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I can hardly wait !

☆ Paul ☆

Sep 22, 2020, 11:43:13 AM9/22/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey y'all. I have one on my Atlantis.

It's beautiful and more or less the same as a tall Losco except not tall!

Joe Bernard

Sep 23, 2020, 11:12:37 PM9/23/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Btw aside from looking cool Loscos don't make a lick of sense. I have them on a really tall stem which...why not just get Boscos?? 😋

Paul Budnitz

Sep 24, 2020, 8:04:26 AM9/24/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe!!

Was thinking about your note.

You are right the Losco bars make no sense except they look awesome.

But for me making your bicycle look the way you want it to (and perform just right too) can be half the fun.

The tension between trying to make a bike both ride and look great is part of the challenge, and why I love bikes so much.

Bicycles are one of the last things left on earth you can build up out of individual components made, all by different people, and make something truly individual and your own.

☆ Paul

Jason Fuller

Sep 24, 2020, 11:03:08 AM9/24/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
My comfortable height for "upright" bars is level with, to maybe 1" above my saddle height, so Loscos make sense to me :D