FS: Marinoni Turismo

Damien

Jul 22, 2022, 12:59:36 AM7/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Unfortunately selling this lovely bike.

2001 Marinoni Turismo Columbus SPX frame and fork
56 cm top tube length
~ 81-82 cm standover
Campagnolo Veloce 9x3 speed shifters
Campagnolo Veloce RD
Campagnolo Triple Crankset
Campagnolo Triple FD
new cables and housing throughout
new Nitto x Crust Shaka Bars
new Nitto x Crust 60mm quill stem
new Black Inc bar tape
Ambrosio 36 hole rims laced to Campagnolo Hubs
Blackburn Front and Rear Touring Racks
Will not come with the Brooks B17 in the pics but will come with a used Brooks Cambium saddle

Looking for $1,300 (USD) and can organize professional boxing and shipping at the buyers expense (I am located in Canada - if you're in Canada and interested, can discuss CAD price).

Let me know if any questions. Will happily send more pics!
Damien
20210812_200218_resized.jpg

Damien

Jul 22, 2022, 1:01:25 AM7/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch

Bit of a backstory: I bought this bike and set it up with high upright handlebars with the intention of having my dad ride it. Unfortunately he had a significant health scare very recently (still not recovered) and I realized that he's not really going to use it. Plus he's got some 90's Rocky Mountain which he won't let go of, and I thought, "well, if he's happy with this, I'm happy too." So, I tinkered a bit and tried to find a way to have this fit me but I could not get comfortable myself on it (I'm an 80 PBH, standover on this is 81-82, and the reach still felt a bit long for me even with a short stem and compact bars - and I'm on a 51 in both a Sam and Hunqapillar and don't feel I would have a need for it even if it did fit). So, I thought someone here might appreciate.

Hopefully it is ok to post this here and even if no interest, I'm hoping someone will find that the bike is at least cool to look at. It really is nice and makes me wish I was taller and longer limbed.

20210812_200259_resized.jpg
20210812_200227_resized.jpg

Damien

Jul 22, 2022, 1:02:20 AM7/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
aaand a few more pics
20210812_200328_resized.jpg

Damien

Jul 22, 2022, 1:03:38 AM7/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
20210812_200243_resized.jpg

Matt Beecher

Jul 22, 2022, 1:34:44 PM7/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very cool.  I love purple bikes and I remember one like this several years back on Bikeforums.  I think it was taller though, as I recall considering it, but the bike sold before I could finalize a deal.

Good luck with the sale.

Best regards,
Matt

Matt Beecher

Jul 22, 2022, 1:42:24 PM7/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch

Damien

Jul 26, 2022, 9:50:00 AM7/26/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all! Dropping price to $1,200 USD!

Thanks
Damien

Ian A

Jul 28, 2022, 5:30:59 PM7/28/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
A bump for Damien! I have a c1999 Marinoni Turismo that has taken me to the tip of South America and much more recently at 20 day, 2600km tour through Alberta and BC. Mine, curiously, had an SLX sticker (not SPX) and I suspect it was a special order, but it came to me used in 2008 and I never met the first owner. Superb road manners, great for rando rides and light or loaded touring. Mine just takes 35mm tires under fenders and as a sealed road tourer, it's hard to imagine a better choice.

IanA Alberta Canada
IMG_20220715_150013.jpg

Damien

Jul 29, 2022, 12:49:38 PM7/29/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ian - thanks for the bump! Really cool to hear (and see!) where your Marinoni has been - Alberta/BC tour looks amazing

Damien

Damien

Aug 2, 2022, 10:34:14 AM8/2/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all, dropping to $1,100 USD!

Thank you,
Damien

Damien

Mar 13, 2023, 12:28:25 PM3/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all,

I know this has been sitting there for a bit but thought I'd try and bring it back up to the top. Any interest in this at $1,000 USD? I'm happy to throw on the original 3TTT bars/stem if you so desire as well. Anyways, let me know if any questions or interest. My 5 month old's diapers are getting expensive!

Thanks,
Damien

Ian A

Mar 13, 2023, 2:03:08 PM3/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
It's the original adventure bike for a spot of viaduct camping in Baja California! Cactus thorns notwithstanding.

IanA

IMG_20230108_081550.jpg

Will Boericke

Mar 13, 2023, 3:10:30 PM3/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I love my '83 Marinoni, especially as it fits 35s under short reach brakes.  Made for Margaret van den Bergh, as attested on the fork crown :).

Will
Marinoni build sheet # 3314.jpg

Damien

Mar 14, 2023, 11:42:44 AM3/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looks oddly cosy?

Damien

Mar 14, 2023, 11:43:27 AM3/14/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Will, I'd love to see shots of your '83 Marinoni!

Will Boericke

Mar 14, 2023, 12:00:12 PM3/14/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Trying to find good ones.  This one is not :)

Will

20221105_101126.jpg

Damien

Apr 17, 2023, 11:31:09 PM4/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Hi all,

Pretty big price drop on this. Looking to get $1100 CAD net to me. Considering how favourable the US dollar is to the CAD I hope this is more compelling for the group.

Thanks!
Damien