Return of the GOAT

Alex Wirth

Sep 10, 2023, 2:29:22 PM9/10/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
My Dad was caretaking this beauty for the last couple years but has since moved on to something with even lower step-through.  Clementine is back in the stable!  The greatest commuter that ever was 😍

IMG-0506.jpg

Steve

Sep 10, 2023, 3:05:56 PM9/10/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oh my darling Clementine.....            Gotta ask about that rear wheel. Pneumatic suspension. or ???

Alex Wirth

Sep 10, 2023, 3:48:16 PM9/10/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That’s a Copenhagen wheel (self contained pedal assist e-bike mod)

Unfortunately no longer made, Company made a pivot toward scooters.

Patrick Moore

Sep 10, 2023, 4:16:31 PM9/10/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
How do you like the Cophenhagen wheel? Pros? Cons?

Are there any other "motor in a wheel" plug-and-play devices on the market? I thought of the Copenhagen wheel for easy on/off occasional power-assist. (I might need it in 110 mm OL spacing, though.) (Juuuuust kidding.)

Funny, I wrote an expensive resume for a client who had developed an "all in one" electric bike wheel but while it was pretty good technologically it was too expensive for the market. But it was interesting to hear about it.

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing services.

When thou didst not, savage,

Know thine own meaning, but wouldst gabble like

A thing most brutish, I endowed thy purposes

With words that made them known.

Alex Wirth

Sep 10, 2023, 5:18:01 PM9/10/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I’ve had and sold a bunch of e-bike products and I think it tops the list if you’re riding an unloaded bike anywhere 15 miles or less.

Essentially the ideal urban errand solution.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/CALuTfguQC_E7Rivr593KzKabyfUww_0ho%3D-pnpFqP%2B8EhsE7WQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Alex Wirth

Sep 10, 2023, 5:19:07 PM9/10/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think there are any replacements in the marketplace but I haven’t really been paying attention either 🤓

Jim Whorton

Sep 10, 2023, 5:59:41 PM9/10/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I remember that Clementine, Alex!  Nice to see it again.

Jim in Rochester

Alex Wirth

Sep 10, 2023, 7:30:22 PM9/10/23
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim!!

Hope you’re well 🥰

Jim Whorton

Sep 10, 2023, 7:54:25 PM9/10/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Doing well, still have my Clem H that I got from you at Yellow Haus.  Passed by your old location on Monroe Ave today.  That was a great shop.  You guys won me over the first time I walked in, with a flat tire from my daughter’s cheapo walmart bike, and Dave fixed it on the spot and explained why he put talc inside.