FS Clem and Clementine

El Sapo

Oct 15, 2021, 3:07:30 PM10/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Clem is a medium in blue, and Clementine is a small in black. Both are from the first shipment of full build Clem Smith Jr bikes. They are both in "Like New" condition. The Clem has a brooks saddle and light weight Rene Herse tires. The Clementine is stock.

Giving the RBW Owners Bunch first shot.

$2K each.

El Sapo

Oct 15, 2021, 7:08:29 PM10/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
clem1.jpg

El Sapo

Oct 15, 2021, 7:32:25 PM10/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
clementine2.jpg

Alex K

Oct 15, 2021, 8:14:35 PM10/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Where are you located?  Beautiful bikes!

Doug H.

Oct 15, 2021, 8:38:53 PM10/15/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Those look new!
Doug

El Sapo

Oct 29, 2021, 4:29:05 PM10/29/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bump, 52 Clem and a small Clementine in the California Bay Area

Pancake

Oct 30, 2021, 12:57:22 PM10/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Am I right to think the "small" Clementine is the same as a 45cm Clem L?
Abe

Joe Bernard

Oct 30, 2021, 3:42:07 PM10/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
It is, and I'd be curious to know the effective toptube - tape measure in a straight line from middle of seatpost to middle of headtube - of that gorgeous Clementine. They got longer in later editions.

Joe Bernard

Garth

Oct 30, 2021, 4:04:58 PM10/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
The 2019+ Clem-L's are notably longer front and rear than the previous generation of Clem's which the Clementine belonged to. They are 2 completely different frames that happen to share the same model name. There was no advance that this was going to happen, so for example when Leah got her new one it took her awhile to figure out a new, much shorter stem to use.

Doug Hansford

Oct 30, 2021, 4:15:12 PM10/30/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The fact that the new generation Clem L is longer makes me wonder why the switch to the Tosco from the Bosco handlebar.
Doug

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Bernard

Oct 30, 2021, 4:46:54 PM10/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
"The fact that the new generation Clem L is longer makes me wonder why the switch to the Tosco from the Bosco handlebar."

My guess is supply. Riv still has Boscos in stock but I imagine getting more Nitto bits for completes is a tall order these days. They've just introduced a new Taiwan rack in anticipation of Nitto supply issues, too.

Joe Bernard

Joe Bernard

Oct 30, 2021, 4:52:54 PM10/30/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
The first gen would be even shorter then the 2017 listed in that link, there's at least three versions of this model. I bought a 45 Clem L frame from Riv a few years ago and was told the ETT was longer than original Clementine.
Message has been deleted