VBC chainring swap?

Michael Baquerizo

Dec 13, 2023, 4:16:43 PM12/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

hi all - i took my VBC chainrings off my appaloosa and theyre going on to a bob jackson audax frame that has a braze on for front derailleur, ie i need to use a certain size ring to get my front derailleur to work. thinking anyhting from 46-50 would be ideal for the big ring, and 36-38 or so for the small ring? Mine is a 38 / 24

TLDR I'd like to trade my not really used so much (i dunno, 200 miles MAX?) 38/24 for a bigger set, 46-50/36-38, give or take.

not sure why i can't get the photo to work but shows some anodizing loss but no change to shape, shark finning, etc.

saintruggler

Dec 13, 2023, 5:05:26 PM12/13/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
PM sent.

Max S

Dec 15, 2023, 1:28:41 PM12/15/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yes, got a feeling this will work out!  ;-)

- Max
Message has been deleted

Nick Payne

Dec 16, 2023, 5:05:44 PM12/16/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wickwerks and Sugino both make braze-on FD adapters that allow you to lower the FD past the lowest adjustment point that the braze-on tab allows. Here's one of the Sugino adapters that I fitted to one of my wife's bikes to allow the use of small chainrings - in this case 39/26.
IMG_20180102_144900.jpg

Nick Payne