How to determine the year my Riv was built

Jacob t

Apr 17, 2023, 7:24:08 PM4/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all,

I own a Bleriot that I purchased second hand, and was curious if there's is a way to determine the year it's from?

Thanks!

Cyclofiend Jim

Apr 17, 2023, 7:44:24 PM4/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bleriots were only produced for a few years. It may have only been one run.
aught-6 to aught-9 IIRC

Jacob t

Apr 17, 2023, 8:33:30 PM4/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the info. If they were a single production run bike, then my question is almost a moot point.

Joe Bernard

Apr 17, 2023, 8:44:02 PM4/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch

Yep, it was a collaboration with QBP to sell a cheaper Saluki/Homer which (as I vaguely recall) became a bit of a headache for Riv. The next attempt was the Sam Hillborne.

Cyclofiend Jim

Apr 17, 2023, 8:49:37 PM4/17/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looks like I was off by a year - the Bleriot run ended in 2008 - for those interested, there's a link to that thread on the Bleriot page I referenced
https://groups.google.com/g/rbw-owners-bunch/c/mQqL-yBsg_Y

It was kind of an odd arrangement, as it was sold through QBP, which was the major US wholesaler of bike equipment at the time (they may still be...)
As you likely know, they were the Taiwan-built version of a a Saluki, a model which got folded into the 650B end of the first version of the Hilsen.

I'm not sure if QBP ordered a few runs, or if they just sold through the original order.

Jim / cyclofiend