experience with Dia Compe 980s + tires wider than 45mm

閲覧: 124 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Patch T

未読、
2021/01/19 10:48:072021/01/19
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Bunch,

Does anyone have experience with Dia Compe 980s + tires wider than 45mm ?

Do you reckon I would have to deflate a tire that measures 49mm to fit through?

I actually don't know the post spacing on the frame in question and realize that may be a contributing factor. I'll measure when I can, which is not right now.

Thanks
Patch
BK/NY

Bones

未読、
2021/01/19 11:44:342021/01/19
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Will depend on the post spacing. For reference, here they are on my single speed. Spacing looks like 82mm, Snoqualmies measuring 42mm on Dyads. Tons of clearance. I could probably fit 50's without deflating.

Bones
brakes.JPG
brakes2.JPG

Patch T

未読、
2021/01/19 11:46:082021/01/19
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Bones - that's super helpful! Thanks

Luke Volkmann

未読、
2021/01/19 12:16:552021/01/19
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Howdy, I'm assuming that you're talking about the newer Dia Compe 980s with threaded posts and not the 1980's 980s. I'm using these on a Crust Romanceur with Rene Herse 650x48's that are measuring around 47mm on the Pacenti Brevet rims. I don't need to deflate the tires when removing the wheels from the bike. It'll take a look later and see if it looks like 2 more mm would still be an easy fit.

Luke in Seattle

Patch T

未読、
2021/01/19 14:14:352021/01/19
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Luke, that's correct! And thank you!

Brady Smith

未読、
2021/01/19 14:27:482021/01/19
To: RBW Owners Bunch
I'll second what Bones said. I have the DC980s on a BMC Monster Cross with Snoqualmie Passes and there is tons of clearance. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Brady in NJ

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送