FS: Sackville Bar Sack & Nitto F15 rack

Kevin M

Nov 30, 2022, 12:20:33 PM11/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
$150 plus shipping, OBO

This bag has low miles, but it has a bit of beusage from general use and storage.

These aren't made any more and don't come up for sale very often, so I think this is a fair prices, but certainly feel free to make an offer if you think my price is off.

Thanks!
Kevin
In Madison, WI

Bill Lindsay

Nov 30, 2022, 12:48:14 PM11/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Kevin

Sure, I'll take it.  Is there any kind of closure/retention for the lid?  Is it velcro?  Magnets?  I feel like it was magnetic.

I could paypal you $150 now and then again when you have a shipping price?

Bill Lindsay
7346 Cutting Blvd
El Cerrito, CA
94530

Bill Lindsay

Nov 30, 2022, 12:48:55 PM11/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Intended that reply only to the author, but probably little harm done.

BL in EC

Matt Beecher

Nov 30, 2022, 1:45:06 PM11/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
It is worthwhile, because it saved me an email.  FWIW, I really like mine and would not have minded a spare.

Matt Beecher

Nov 30, 2022, 1:46:20 PM11/30/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
I should have added that mine closes via magnets.

Davey Two Shoes

Jan 3, 2023, 9:57:58 AM1/3/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
Is this still available?

Bill Lindsay

Jan 3, 2023, 11:52:05 AM1/3/23
to RBW Owners Bunch
I did buy it, because I think it's an excellent bag and a super versatile and useful front rack system.  I didn't have an immediate need or plan to use it, but I imagine the opportunity will present itself sometime.  I'm content to keep it in my bag inventory.

If somebody were determined to pry this bag/rack out of my inventory, I could possibly entertain trades for items that are higher up on my needs list.  I don't want to just turn around and sell it for what I paid, but at the same time, I'd regard it un-neighborly in this community to turn right back around and make a profit on my opportunistic buying.  For those reasons, trades are the only thing that would be fair.  If somebody had "a lot of great rare and vintage stuff" but needed my rack/bag, there may be deal to be made.  Niche items for which I'm always on the lookout include:

Nitto Soba Noodle handlebars
Sugino or Sugino-made-Ritchey square taper cranks in 172.5mm
Dura Ace 10 speed downtube shifters, 7900 rear derailleurs, 7900 28.6mm clamp on front derailleurs
Deore XT and XTR cantilever brakes
High end 32 hole dynamo front hubs
Internal cam Shimano QR Skewers in good cosmetic condition (deore XT, XTR, Ultegra, Dura Ace)

I'm sure there's lots more.  If luck has it that somebody has something they don't want, and that something is on my want-list, then we could both win!

My advice to anybody in 2023 who likes deals is to try to buy more when you see the opportunity, rather than waiting for the need.  If you see a great piece at a great price, buy it, even if you have to sit on it for a while before you need to use it.  When you do put it into use, it's like finding the exact thing you want for free!  Not everybody can do this, and not everybody is wired to do this kind of thing (or has the space for a big inventory).

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA