An Evolving Shorthand... posting to "daily post ur riv"

Cyclofiend Jim

Apr 22, 2021, 12:58:31 PM4/22/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I will say that the quickest way to gain unmoderated status is by posting a great photo to the "daily post ur riv" thread....

If the first (second, or third) post you make is in a WTB/WTT/FS/FT thread, that won't likely nudge you into the free to post gang.

I want to thank everyone who has been emphasizing the ride, the bikes and the beauty of being on two wheels in their posts and content. And good answers or great questions, of course.

- J / list admin

Robert Dowtin

Apr 22, 2021, 4:22:28 PM4/22/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jim, I feel like you are speaking to me. Although, I tend to have that problem some times...

Speaking of high quality photos, I seem to be unable to upload anything to a post that is of larger file size than something shot with a flip phone camera from 2003? Should I be putting photos in a post as an attachment? Are there 177 examples of people asking this question and giving each other confusing answers as to how best to post photos? Ok, Ok, off to use the search function before I try to show more Roswell quality photos of bicycles.
~R

Joe Bernard

Apr 22, 2021, 4:51:50 PM4/22/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have intermittent luck posting a single photo. The surest approach is a link to a collection of them on a photo hosting site.

Joe Bernard

Paul Clifton

Apr 22, 2021, 5:39:39 PM4/22/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm pretty sure Google Groups has limited the size of files that can be shared, but I'm not sure if it's file size or pixel size.

I've had good luck resizing them to "2MP Best for Sharing" using the built in tool on Windows. It lets me include 3 or 4 decent quality photos that way, as attachments or inline.

Paul

Cyclofiend Jim

Apr 22, 2021, 10:24:57 PM4/22/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
ahhh... interesting.. Thank you for that.

Did a little digging and it appears that the max file size for google group attachments is around 8 MB (a few threads describe it as maxing at 6.8 MB).

So that sounds like maybe a pretty high rez single image might work. Multiple images are probably limited to 5 or so (ha... this is sounding like back in the day with the old cyclofiend site...)

- J

Brian Campbell

Apr 23, 2021, 9:50:08 PM4/23/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Still trying to figure out how to post a pic from an iphone. I am no longer interested in using photo hosting sites as they constantly change user agreements and pricing.  Any instuctions anywhere?