Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Richard Rose

ongelezen,
16 dec 2023, 15:40:2416-12-2023
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Impulse purchase for sure. I've been thinking about a handlebar bag a lot recently & this new bag popped up in the e mail update. It looks pretty cool(?) and I have none of Riv's bags so.., in spite of it only being available in the single color I jumped. While I was at it I ordered a Kangaroo because being able to attach one to the  EZPZ seems kinda clever & useful. Anyone else order one?

Pam Bikes

ongelezen,
20 dec 2023, 11:17:2720-12-2023
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Let me know how you like it.  I'm tempted but have lots of handlebar bags already.  I want one easy to open/close and not get in the way of the cables.

Eric Norris

ongelezen,
20 dec 2023, 11:41:1820-12-2023
aan Eric Norris
My biggest issue with handlebar bags of this type is that most designs have a tendency to sway forward and back and rely on complicated (and, IMHO ugly) systems of cords or straps lashed to the frame or handlebars to prevent sway.

I have a Velo Orange handlebar bag collecting dust in my closet because I could get the darn thing to just sit still while I was riding. It would work just fine sitting on a rack or some type of bar-mounted support, but as designed and just strapped to the bars it sways a lot, even with those ugly cords.

Looking forward to hearing from users of Rivendell’s new bag to see how it performs.

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy
YouTube: YouTube.com/CampyOnlyGuy

Nick Payne

ongelezen,
21 dec 2023, 14:57:1821-12-2023
aan RBW Owners Bunch
On Thursday 21 December 2023 at 3:41:18 am UTC+11 campyo...@me.com wrote:
My biggest issue with handlebar bags of this type is that most designs have a tendency to sway forward and back and rely on complicated (and, IMHO ugly) systems of cords or straps lashed to the frame or handlebars to prevent sway.

I've been pretty impressed with the Routewerks handlebar bag that I bought about 18 months ago. It's well thought out and made, totally stable in use, and attaches and detaches from the mount in a couple fo seconds with a cam action similar to a quick release. I got two mounts with it, so I can easily swap it between bikes.

Nick Payne

Chris Halasz

ongelezen,
21 dec 2023, 15:02:2621-12-2023
aan RBW Owners Bunch
Nick

Does the Routeworks bag rattle?

- Chris

Richard Rose

ongelezen,
22 dec 2023, 18:35:4222-12-2023
aan rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I arrived home today from my 25 mile ride & a box from Rivendell was on my front porch - always a welcome sight! The EZPZ handlebar looks really good & has some nice features. I was hesitant due to the initial single color offering - Navy. I love it! I love how it looks on the Clem with the color nod to the “Clem” logo on the downtube. It’s rich. The “fast” closure Rivendell suggests using is very fast & effective. It does however require something mounted to the stem to “catch” the tether. In my case that is my bell. The added benefit of using this tether vs. the toggle is that it yanks the bag away from the head tube. You can see this in the pics. I just went down the street but the bag seems very solid & did not seem to bounce. It’s a pretty voluminous bag. There is a nice flap to help protect the contents & the provision for adding a Kangaroo bag is nice. Although, I cannot figure out how mounting it on the outside of the bag would not result in a wind blown flap. Mounted inside however gives welcome additional storage that is secured. I think I am really going to like this thing.
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

--

Richard Rose

ongelezen,
22 dec 2023, 19:03:2822-12-2023
aan rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Pic of the flap & inside mounted Kangaroo.
image0.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2023, at 6:35 PM, Richard Rose <rmro...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

22 dec 2023, 22:46:0022-12-2023
aan RBW Owners Bunch
On Friday 22 December 2023 at 7:02:26 am UTC+11 Chris Halasz wrote:
Does the Routeworks bag rattle?

Not since I cut a couple of small rectangles of adhesive-backed foam tape about 2mm thick  and positioned them each side of the catch of the lid, to prevent any play between the lid and catch:
PXL_20231223_011446568.jpg
You also need to make sure that the bolt and nylock nut that adjust the tightness of the cam that locks the bag to the mount is set correctly.

Nick Payne

Richard Rose

ongelezen,
25 dec 2023, 14:44:2625-12-2023
aan rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all!
Finally got a ride in on my Clem with the EZPZ mounted & with a light load. Admittedly I have nothing to compare it too but it’s really nice. It does not budge. Solid as a rock & easy to use. It’s really suited to the Clem with the 135 FacePlater & Bosco. Lots of room for it to move (it does not) without coming into contact with the head tube or anything else. No issues with cables either.
Fit to the Gus with 35mm stem the bag can come into contact with the head tube so I am installing a Swood Twisted T to hold the bag steady in front of the head tube. In short, I highly recommend the bag. First batch sold out so perhaps others will chime in? Will tells me the next batch will be “Olive”.
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2023, at 10:46 PM, Nick Payne <njh...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday 22 December 2023 at 7:02:26 am UTC+11 Chris Halasz wrote:
Does the Routeworks bag rattle?

Not since I cut a couple of small rectangles of adhesive-backed foam tape about 2mm thick  and positioned them each side of the catch of the lid, to prevent any play between the lid and catch:
<PXL_20231223_011446568.jpg>

You also need to make sure that the bolt and nylock nut that adjust the tightness of the cam that locks the bag to the mount is set correctly.

Nick Payne

<PXL_20231223_011446568.jpg>

Roberta

ongelezen,
25 dec 2023, 20:44:1325-12-2023
aan RBW Owners Bunch
It's a nice looking bag.  I've been looking for one this size for awhile and the best I came up with is Swift's or Brooks.  This one is bigger in dimensions and longer (you can fit a bike pump, lunch, additional layer, basic flat fixing items and have room left over).  I also like the fact that there is an additional internal flap to help protect the contents.

Thanks for the review.  I might put this on my short list.

Richard Rose

ongelezen,
26 dec 2023, 07:31:4126-12-2023
aan rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yes! My Topeak Morph(?) is almost 14” long & just fits - diagonally.
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 25, 2023, at 8:44 PM, Roberta <rcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Richard Rose

ongelezen,
29 dec 2023, 19:29:5629-12-2023
aan rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Previously I posted pics of the EZPZ on my Clem. It works really nicely with the long 135 stem and can hang free or be tethered to the stem. In any case it does not come into contact with any painted surfaces and plays well with the cables.
Things were not quite as good on my Gus. With the short stem and taller head tube the bag could rub against a painted surface. I solved that by installing this Swood Twisted T bag support. It’s so light & works really well. Both setups are rock solid. What can I stuff inside this thing? My camp cooking kit for example. My alcohol stove & pot, utensils, six dehydrated meals & cooking cozy + mug & coffee drip filter. Or, my two person tent complete (minus poles), ground sheet & pillow. In short, lots of space.
image0.jpegimage1.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 25, 2023, at 8:44 PM, Roberta <rcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Allen beantwoorden