Artsy Pics of Your Riv's

st nick

Sep 6, 2022, 2:12:28 PM9/6/22
to Digest Recipients

I haven't posted here in a while but have enjoyed reading many of the threads.

I'm still enjoying my caliper equipped Sam.

I thought this pic turned out cool so thought I would share.

Feel free to share whatever Riv pic you want as however they are set up they are rideable works of art.

Paul in Dallas
.

Collin A

Sep 6, 2022, 4:01:35 PM9/6/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice! I haven't posted a pic in a while, so here is an older photo of my now-sold Clem up on Volmer Peak in Oakland/Berkeley looking towards Diablo...Circa 2018 I think, focused in all the wrong places.

P3290034.jpg

Collin, now in Sac with an Appaloosa, wishing it wasn't 115 :(

Matt Maceda

Sep 7, 2022, 5:46:31 PM9/7/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Clem L in the psychic light.

51288225673_e9836af840_c.jpg

Richard Rose

Sep 7, 2022, 6:00:58 PM9/7/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
image0.jpeg
Random shot from a random ride.
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 7, 2022, at 5:46 PM, Matt Maceda <mma...@gmail.com> wrote:

51288225673_e9836af840_c.jpg

Ryan Frahm

Sep 7, 2022, 6:30:48 PM9/7/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
726D00D2-5BF4-4DE0-AA1C-81585E1E1C15.jpeg

Not sure this counts but maybe the most artsy one I have. Although I think every picture of my Susie is artsy, such a beautiful beautiful bicycle.

Patrick Moore

Sep 7, 2022, 7:09:54 PM9/7/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Collin: What is the frame bag in the photo?

Thanks.

Patrick Moore

Sep 7, 2022, 7:10:06 PM9/7/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The only photographic "art" I produce is by accident; "artistic effect" is more accurate because obviously art and chance are opposed. But here are the 2003 Curt Goodrich in earlier mode circa 2010 and the 2020 Matthews geometrical clone in current form. When taking the latter photo I somehow managed to turn off the color on my iPhone. In the earlier one, it's the apparently "deliberately casual contrast with chrysanthemums" that looks fetching.

image.png

image.png

mikel...@juno.com

Sep 7, 2022, 8:04:40 PM9/7/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
orangeram.JPG

Craig Montgomery

Sep 8, 2022, 1:36:29 AM9/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
1997
Thoughts of Returning Home.jpg
2019
Before the Deluge.jpg
Craig in Tucson

Collin A

Sep 8, 2022, 10:18:17 PM9/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Patrick, the bag was a custom one from rockgeist. Fit like a glove!

Collin in Sacratomato

Nick Payne

Sep 8, 2022, 10:38:00 PM9/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
My Bleriot at Mt Stromlo observatory, in front of one of the observatory domes that were burnt out in the 2003 bushfires.

IMG_0444.jpg

Nick

John Rinker

Sep 8, 2022, 11:06:23 PM9/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
HungBW.jpg

A while ago in Nanjing, China.

Cheers, John

Will M

Sep 8, 2022, 11:46:11 PM9/8/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Fun thread!

I shot this image of my Rambouillet head badge through my grandfather's circa-1950 Leica "Elmar" 90mm portrait lens at maximum aperture (f/4) using Fuji Velvia 100 color reversal film while the sun set over the Hudson River.  And then (poof!) suddenly this Riv Owners Bunch was lighting up that a Rivendell is featured in the Flickr Explore on April 29, 2013. My 15 minutes in the limelight.

Will M

Brian Witt

Sep 9, 2022, 1:00:22 AM9/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
3F23AECB-15B8-41DB-9A7F-51A11CB126EC.jpeg
My early Quickbeam, Hammered Honjos, S/A. S3X hub, TA cranks.. 18 year old single malt in the flask..on the canal bridge near home...

jamin orrall

Sep 9, 2022, 2:06:08 AM9/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
my homer

homer delias.jpg

brizbarn

Sep 9, 2022, 8:28:10 PM9/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here is a few photos of my Appaloosa in a train yard.  Digging seeing everyone's images.  Love that Rambouillet head badge Will M.DSCF7818 1.jpg
-Brian Barnhart

brizbarn

Sep 9, 2022, 8:29:23 PM9/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
DSCF7825.jpg

brizbarn

Sep 9, 2022, 8:30:36 PM9/9/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
DSCF7816.jpg
Sorry for multiple posts, can't post more than one image at a time, says it's too long.
On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 5:29:23 PM UTC-7 brizbarn wrote:
DSCF7825.jpg

Coal Bee Rye Anne

Sep 9, 2022, 9:45:57 PM9/9/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Mornin’ Clem
EF84B49E-4477-49F4-84E7-23CCD93FAE34.jpeg

Coal Bee Rye Anne

Sep 9, 2022, 10:01:46 PM9/9/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Brearley House built in 1761 - Lawrenceville NJ
D3498E54-F739-495B-AFC4-A70DCD5E6E37.jpeg

st nick

Sep 10, 2022, 2:49:12 PM9/10/22
to Digest Recipients

My Sam and
friend's Homer at White Rock Lake, Dallas TX

Paul in Dallas

.

st nick

Sep 10, 2022, 2:51:53 PM9/10/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Friend Luis' Homer

Paul in Dallas

.

Richard Borneman

Sep 11, 2022, 10:37:35 AM9/11/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
IMG_3541.JPG
Took this one yesterday. Platy by a grist mill.

esoterica etc

Sep 11, 2022, 11:51:24 AM9/11/22
to RBW Owners Bunch

Yesterday's ride to one of the parks along our Greeway MUP here in Raleigh on my San Marcos. Had a little fun with the editing features on Photos app. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's pics so far, keep 'em coming! Hope y'all are having a great weekend.

~Mark
Raleigh, NC

E344FCB6-FE59-4141-A6A4-62EBAA6D7B2A_1_201_a.jpeg

st nick

Sep 12, 2022, 10:08:52 AM9/12/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Yesterday morning I woke up very early and made it to White Rock Lake in Dallas,TX before the sunrise.

It was a full moon with Jupiter nearby in the early morning sky.

I didn't ride my Sam yesterday but the cockpit of this bike , a 44 year old 650b set up Peugeot is quite similar.

In the distant background you can make out the lights of downtown Dallas which is only 6 miles from the heart of downtown to this lake which is about 10 miles to ride around the lake.

It is such a wonderful Dallas resource enjoyed by many.

I got in two loops on a glorious Sunday morning.

Bikes are fun.

Sharing pictures from rides with like minded bike folks adds to the joy of it for me.

I'm going to share one more I took yesterday as the sun came up over the east side of the lake after I had ridden to the west side.

If you ever visit Dallas I'd be happy to take you on a tour of the lake.

Paul in Dallas

.

st nick

Sep 12, 2022, 10:11:15 AM9/12/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

.

John Rinker

Sep 12, 2022, 6:37:35 PM9/12/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
64th and final morning of the Great Divide. Near Antelope Wells.
RivSunrise.jpg

On Monday, September 12, 2022 at 7:11:15 AM UTC-7 Paul in Dallas wrote:

.

Paul Richardson

Sep 13, 2022, 11:01:19 AM9/13/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
homer in a tunnel.

paul
takoma park, md.

homertunnel.jpg

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Sep 13, 2022, 6:19:14 PM9/13/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
That’s a good one, Paul, nice light. And your Homer, it’s a 64? 66? What length cranks?
Happy Rolling all
-Kai

M D Smith

Sep 14, 2022, 11:01:58 AM9/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here’s my All-Rounder at low-ish tide on Cape Cod Bay.

-Mike

53246C5E-73D3-4653-B7A3-239CF0A10E12.jpeg

Paul Richardson

Sep 14, 2022, 11:32:43 AM9/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
close, kai--67cm!  she wears 175mm suginos.

paul
takoma park, md.

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Sep 14, 2022, 1:30:38 PM9/14/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yowza! Judging by that seatpost height, you’ve got, approximately, a one kilometer inseam.. You could ride my tandem from the back seat! (You haven’t forgotten how much I want to sell you a tandem, have you?:)

John G

Sep 17, 2022, 2:40:05 PM9/17/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rivs in Repose by the River.

Rivs_by_the_River.jpg

My Quickbeam and friend Scott's Sam recently at one of our favorite coffee outside spots on the banks of the Monocacy River, Frederick, MD.

Photo by Alyssa Boxhill @boxhill on the insta.

Cheers,
John G
Union Bridge, MD

Bones

Sep 17, 2022, 7:18:36 PM9/17/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Morning ride today. There's a bike in there somewhere...

roadini1.jpg

Bones

J J

Sep 17, 2022, 10:10:32 PM9/17/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
5C390188-80BB-4302-80E7-35F718C5892E.jpegLoving these pics. Here’s mine on a ride today along rural roads near Greensboro, NC. The photo is questionably artsy….but sheep! A miniature horse joined the grazing party a minute after I took this pic.

Pancake

Sep 18, 2022, 1:45:15 PM9/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
245EF640-72F1-4078-8A03-E026B705064E.jpeg
Here’ my Cheviot, Sam Hillborne, Rosco Baby, Gallop, plus a friend’s Gus and Homer, plus my old Janis Aurora because Root Beer is an artsy color.

John Rinker

Sep 18, 2022, 2:24:12 PM9/18/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not an artsy pic but a pic of some art. From an early morning ride today in the Slocan Valley.
IMG_9597.jpeg

st nick

Sep 18, 2022, 2:57:10 PM9/18/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

From today's ride.
Not my Riv, but I'll share anyway.

Paul in Dallas

.

st nick

Sep 18, 2022, 7:06:21 PM9/18/22
to Digest Recipients

I took that pic this morning of the mural with the beautiful purple flower which grows on a passion flower vine.

This afternoon I needed to run an errand on my bike
and spotted the real thing blooming and stopped to take this picture.

There's a story about this bloom if you care to look it up.

Paul in Dallas

.

Craig Montgomery

Sep 19, 2022, 3:23:32 PM9/19/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Art is in the eye of the beholder...BEHOLD!...Art:

Dry Headset.JPG

Craig "Art who?" in Tucson

st nick

Sep 21, 2022, 9:35:51 PM9/21/22
to Digest Recipients
Craig, that is a very cool pic from an angle most wouldn't think of and showing the needling bearing headset bottom cup...that's very cool indeed.

Paul in Dallas

.

RichS

Sep 22, 2022, 10:29:37 AM9/22/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
The bicycle as sculpture — and the background too. Nice work Craig!

Best,
Rich in ATL

Scott Luly

Sep 22, 2022, 2:28:09 PM9/22/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I can appreciate the natural beauty you captured, Paul; and its connection to the mural. Very cool!

Thanks for sharing,

Steven Sweedler

Sep 22, 2022, 3:08:28 PM9/22/22
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I also liked that picture and found this one while just riding along the  next day, Steve

--
Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire

upyou...@yahoo.com

Sep 25, 2022, 3:23:21 PM9/25/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
2022.9.20 artsy pic of my bike in the Oculus, NYC.jpg
I am enjoying all the photos everyone is posting. This is my Mermaid Platy in The Oculus, New York, World Trade Center from a ride along the Empire Trail a few days ago.
Kate, Trenton, NJ

Piaw Na

Oct 15, 2022, 4:14:52 PM10/15/22
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's the view from the local mountain this morning.PXL_20221015_151458271.jpg