WTB 54 Homer

Robert Blunt

Jan 23, 2021, 2:00:22 PM1/23/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone. I am looking for a 54 Homer frameset if anyone is looking to move one. I don't care what color it is.
Robert Blunt
Pennington, NJ

Matthew Williams

Jan 26, 2021, 2:12:07 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 2:15:39 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Matthew,
I have seen these listing but am beginning to think I will be waiting until the new Homers come in in late Spring unless someone has a saluki they are looking to move. I have found a good saluki but it alas it is for the whole bike and a bit on the high side. I might just bite the bullet and get it anyway.
Best,
Rob

Matthew Williams

Jan 26, 2021, 2:23:06 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 2:36:22 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That is the one.

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 2:41:39 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It's sort of keeping me up at night to be honest. If I could sell my 55 soma grand randonneur quickly, it would help.

Collin A

Jan 26, 2021, 2:42:15 PM1/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not that you are asking, but I say go for it! It's better for the world to buy used things rather than new (plus a special one with pointier lugs)...

Collin in Sacramento

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 2:47:27 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. I just send the owner an email. Can't help it anymore.

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 2:52:43 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
But now it saying that the IP address is blocked. I have no idea if it is referring to mine or his. He had said that he was possibly selling both his bikes this weekend, so maybe he did. I should have pulled the trigger

Collin A

Jan 26, 2021, 3:01:42 PM1/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hm, I just tried going through the CL email and didn't run into any issues. Maybe the listing was updated and the old link got broken?

Matthew Williams

Jan 26, 2021, 3:02:13 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The ad is still active so I just emailed him and cc'd you.

Hopefully he'll respond to both of us; if he only replies to me I'll forward his contact information to you.

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 3:04:27 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Or he blocked me somehow. No idea.

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 3:07:20 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I just tried again. I will see if it works this time.

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 3:14:44 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Seems to have gone through, no bounce back message this time.

Robert Blunt

Jan 26, 2021, 4:06:33 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Matthew Williams, do let me know if he writes you back. Pretty much my dream bike since I stupidly sold my 56 Bleriot ten years ago or so. Worst move I ever made.

Matthew Williams

Jan 26, 2021, 4:59:06 PM1/26/21
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
He just wrote me back! I forwarded the email to you.

Joe Bernard

Jan 26, 2021, 5:08:20 PM1/26/21
to RBW Owners Bunch
Go get that bike! There's a surprising dearth of these pre-MIT Homers on the used market, especially in the smaller sizes. Buy it, keep it, ride it!

PS. But make sure you fit it. Old 54cm AHH is a very different size from the current MIT model. It won't fit like your 56cm Bleriot.

Matthew Williams

Jan 27, 2021, 7:36:28 PM1/27/21