WTB: Nitto Saddlebag Grip R50

Michael Ullmer

Feb 27, 2024, 12:48:32 PMFeb 27
to RBW Owners Bunch
Once upon a time I had a couple of these but swung towards carring my cargo upfront on my bikes for a few years. Now I'm back on the rear saddlebag train and want to grab one of these for my Ram. Riv is out of stock...

Anyone holding?

Mike in Minneapolis

Armand Kizirian

Feb 27, 2024, 7:39:31 PMFeb 27
to RBW Owners Bunch

Dorothy C

Feb 28, 2024, 3:20:14 PMFeb 28
to RBW Owners Bunch
Will stated recently that the R50 is discontinued, so grab one while you can if you want one.

Michael Ullmer

Feb 29, 2024, 10:17:22 AMFeb 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sorry to hear it's been discontinued! A list member came through and I'm all set. I see that Ben's Cycle is all sold out now too. Such a bummer for a well functioning piece by Nitto. There doesn't seem to be any equivalent either. One of the nice things about this too is that it can lower the attachment point for the bag (which I need on my Ram).

Patrick Moore

Feb 29, 2024, 10:34:15 AMFeb 29
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Carradice has quite a few other bag attachments, QR and non-QR.

I wish someone would re-make the Nitto QR but with an angle suitable for the slanted rear rails you find on modern saddles -- these tilt the carrier down and the Nitto angle tilts it down more since it's made for Brooks rails. I made a couple of of copies cut and bent from sheet aluminum and they worked well but really good copies would require better materials and more bending and shaping capacity than I have.

My brother brazed a nice one using dropouts from an old fork; another way to go about it.

image.png

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing services

When thou didst not, savage, know thine own meaning,

But wouldst gabble like a thing most brutish,

I endowed thy purposes with words that made them known.

Nick Payne

Mar 1, 2024, 5:11:29 AMMar 1
to RBW Owners Bunch

NIck Payne