Grant’s Mointain

瀏覽次數:330 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Eric Norris

未讀,
2024年4月12日 上午10:07:514月12日
收件者:Eric Norris
Another photo from the upcoming “36 Views of Mt Diablo.” Taken this morning on my way to San Francisco for a ride around the Bay.

image0.jpeg

George Schick

未讀,
2024年4月12日 上午11:11:314月12日
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
For those of you living in the Bay Area, which is the steepest, longest climb, the one up Mt. Diablo or the one up Mt. Hamilton?

Eric Norris

未讀,
2024年4月12日 上午11:29:134月12日
收件者:rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It’s been a while since I’ve ridden up either, but as I recall Mt Hamilton is by far the longer climb, but Mt Diablo has steeper sections. The last bit to the top of Diablo is quite steep.

–Eric N

On Friday, April 12, 2024 at 9:07:51 AM UTC-5 campyo...@me.com wrote:
Another photo from the upcoming “36 Views of Mt Diablo.” Taken this morning on my way to San Francisco for a ride around the Bay.

Toshi Takeuchi

未讀,
2024年4月12日 下午5:07:054月12日
收件者:rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The top of Diablo is probably the steepest (15%?), but quite short (a couple hundred feet). The second half of Mt. Diablo is steeper than the first half and is about ~6-8% and ~4.5 miles from the junction/ranger station. The backside of Mt Hamilton is about 5 miles at a sustained 10%.  (Front side climbs from Fremont ~19 mi of climbing, backside goes toward Livermore/Mines Rd.) The backside of Mt. Hamilton is definitely the hardest for me.

Toshi in Oakland

Wesley

未讀,
2024年4月12日 下午6:08:324月12日
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Apparently the actual steepest road mile in California is nearby: Mix Canyon Road, which ascends Mt. Vaca. I found this out after I rode up and wondered whether it just seemed extra steep to me because I live in the flat Central Valley.
-Wes

Collin A

未讀,
2024年4月12日 下午6:09:584月12日
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
We talking pavement or dirt?

I think pavement the steepest/longest is out in vacaville - Mix Canyon Road is about 2500 ft in 5 miles for an average of about 10%.

As for dirt, they are all steep as $hit. The longest/steepest is probably somewhere out in Marin, but "Dirt Diablo" via Burma Road is pretty steep.

Collin in Berkelerkely

On Friday, April 12, 2024 at 8:11:31 AM UTC-7 George Schick wrote:

Eric Norris

未讀,
2024年4月12日 下午6:12:344月12日
收件者:rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Mix is scary steep. Going downhill is nerve wracking, and requires frequent stops to cool off overheated brakes.

–Eric N

On Apr 12, 2024, at 3:10 PM, Collin A <collinm...@gmail.com> wrote:

We talking pavement or dirt?
回覆所有人