Platypus 2021 Nooooo

Tom Wyland

Nov 7, 2020, 2:17:12 PM11/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
I saw that the delivery timeframe was updated to 2021.  The good news is that I bought my Silver crankset before the Sams dropped. Now they are sold out.  The bad news is that I won’t be building a Platypus until next year.

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Nov 7, 2020, 2:53:57 PM11/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oh, how depressing. I suppose I suspected delays (what with the Sams having to go out first and all) but I’m so deflated to hear it regardless. But yes, order your parts, friends. I ordered my wheels with Velocity Quill rims 9/24 and they’ve been delayed until mid-December. Which is when I’ll be gone for Christmas, which means no Platypus until sometime in January for me, and I have the frame! I’m presently deciding whether I should abandon the rims with rose anodized rims and just embrace a silver rimmed wheelset so I can have the bike NOW...

Waiting. It’s all we do anymore!
Leah

velomann

Nov 7, 2020, 5:09:21 PM11/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Keep your dream wheelset plan. But in the meantime go online and order a cheap stop-gap wheelset because if the wheels are what's keeping you from riding the only Platypus outside the Riv showroom that's just sad. Then when you get the good wheels you'll appreciate the bike even more because the great ride quality will be even better, and you'll have a backup set or you can sell the budget wheels on this forum ;-)

Mike M

Ray Varella

Nov 7, 2020, 5:52:26 PM11/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch

Or borrow the wheels from your Clem.
Did you save your wheels when you upgraded your current bike?

Ray

Leah Peterson

Nov 7, 2020, 5:53:09 PM11/7/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Clem is 650b, Plat is 700c

Sent from my iPad

Dorothy C

Nov 7, 2020, 5:53:29 PM11/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ray, I think they are the wrong size

Dorothy C

Nov 7, 2020, 5:56:44 PM11/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Leah, I have a 700c Atlas set bought from Riv I no longer have a frame for, Shimano Deore hubs, 135 rear spacing 36f/36r I would sell you if you want an in the meantime set

Leah Peterson

Nov 7, 2020, 6:08:57 PM11/7/20
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Dorothy, you are the nicest, and thank you for that offer.❤️  I think I’m actually going to go with the silver Analog has on site (they have to check first). If that works out, I think I could possibly have everything I need for a build by late next week! And it’s a good thing, too. I need to give this poor Clem a break. I think it might fall apart beneath me if it doesn’t get a tune-up soon. After I reached my 2,020 mile goal Oct 9th, I decided I should press on for 3,000 miles. I’m at 2,519.9 right now. There’s clunks and ticks and squawks that I’m hoping aren’t dangerous. I can’t give up my bike until I have the Platypus to ride. 😜

#RivSisters,
Leah

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 7, 2020, at 2:56 PM, Dorothy C <doroth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Leah, I have a 700c Atlas set bought from Riv I no longer have a frame for, Shimano Deore hubs, 135 rear spacing 36f/36r I would sell you if you want an in the meantime set

Dorothy C

Nov 7, 2020, 6:30:22 PM11/7/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sounds good. Happy riding.
I am in a similar boat - after leaving my grey Roadini with my sister in Wales in December to have something nice to ride when I visit family, I snagged the last web special orange Roadini mid September. I have had an order in for Dyad rims (already have Bitex hubs and Sapim spokes)  since early October, and still waiting.
Bike is almost completely built - even put the Crane bell and the bartape on!
Losco handlebars and a Nitto faceplate stem this time, vs the dirtdrop / Noodles on the grey one.

Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!

Nov 8, 2020, 12:19:59 AM11/8/20
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dorothy, that’s even worse - so close but so far! Any word on when those rims are scheduled to ship? That’s really cool that you have a pair of Roadinis - an American Roadini and a Welsh one. ♥️♥️ Hope your sister rides the Welsh Roadini now and then. Let us know when you finally get your new orange bike rolling!