Swarm, wi-fi antenna, and time

Esther

May 12, 2019, 12:34:15 AM5/12/19
to RaspberryShake
Hello,

I'm just getting started with my shake tonight. I have 3 questions/problems:
1) In Swarm, under "myShake" I see the submenu "All", but I cannot open that to see my Shake. I can open my Shake using "RS Community" > "All">"Networks">"AM">myshake.  I could see my shake under "myShake" before I messed with the wifi settings which brings me to question 2:
2) I set up my shake with a wi-fi USB/dongle antenna following instructions on the site.  So is my shake by default then using the wi-fi dongle antenna instead of the internal wi-fi antenna?
3) The time on my shake seems to be behind the current time by 30 minutes.  Has anyone else seen this problem and know how to resolve it?

Thank you!

Paweł Wiejacz

May 12, 2019, 12:25:44 PM5/12/19
to raspber...@googlegroups.com
The time 30 minutes behind - this is unclear: is it the seismogram timing 30 minutes behind or is it the raspberry system clock 30 minutes behind?
Seismogram timing 30 minutes behind seems unprobable. If so, then either you do not have timing at all, or you are using external GPS antenna for timing and you have set an incorrect time zone. But it is difficult to set a time zone that is wrong by 30 minutes (unless you are in Iran, where they are using local time that is in-between two time zones).
If seismogram timing is OK and it is only operating system time that is wrong, then it is a problem that you can live with; generally it is some linux system ntp configuration problem. In such case you can patch up the problem by doing "sudo date" once you login onto the system, but this is only patch-up (good for months, maybe) and not solving the problem.

Pawel (R9F13)

--
Some useful links:

Manual: http://manual.raspberryshake.org/
Do It YourSelf Page: http://raspberryshake.org/do-it-yourself
Shop: https://shop.raspberryshake.org/
Website: http://raspberryshake.org/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/raspishake/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/raspishake/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/raspishake/
Hashtag: #rasperryshake, @raspishake
DOI: https://doi.org/10.7914/SN/AM
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RaspberryShake" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/raspberryshake.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/raspberryshake/6e1a750c-eb22-4cf0-a3b6-92ad35dd3205%40googlegroups.com.

Esther

May 12, 2019, 10:57:52 PM5/12/19
to RaspberryShake

Capture.JPG

Hi Pawel - thank you for the response.  This screenshot from swarm was taken ~1854 pm local time/0254 am UTC.  Based on my reading of the plot, the time on the device shows 30 minutes short, or ~1824 local, 30 minutes difference.  So how does this jive with your questions below?  Is this the raspberry clock or the seismograph timinng?  I did not use an external GPS and have not tried to set any time zone.  Thank you!  -Esther