Survey on RUSA Jersey Design Concepts

PatCH

Jun 17, 2022, 9:30:06 AM6/17/22
to randonn...@googlegroups.com
Cross-posting from the randon Google group. Apologies for the duplicate message; no need to re-do the survey if you've already sent in a response.

--

I'd like to open up a (non-board sponsored) discussion on what RUSA members might like to see in a RUSA jersey design. As folks on the RUSA Facebook group may know, I've been working on a handful of design concepts over the past two weeks, and I've gotten invaluable comments both online and offline. I'd now like to engage the larger RUSA membership with a simple survey to see if we might possibly move forward to designing a national jersey (and/or possibly a PBP jersey for next year). What you need to do is simply rank the design concepts from 1 (best) to 8 (worst). Each design concept is followed by a jersey rendering on which you can vote. Please note that these are just concepts at this point, with colours, logo placements, etc, all to be decided at a later date should any of the concepts move forward. Please also note that this isn't coming from the RUSA board; I'm simply a volunteer throwing out a few ideas out there and trying to engage a wider ridership audience. Hopefully this may prompt others to come up with other options and designs.

Here is the link to the survey: https://forms.gle/vsiatNC1Bbw9W8wi7

Many thanks for your time.

--Patrick (RUSA #6365).

PatCH

Jun 20, 2022, 11:03:09 PM6/20/22
to Greg, randon, randonn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the note, Greg. Yes, these are just concepts I've presented, not (necessarily) finalised designs. If any of these concepts move forward to be fleshed out, then colours, logos, etc, will all come later. And yes, the Rapha spoof was meant only for comic relief, not as a viable option. As for rebranding RUSA, that's a whole other topic I'm not privy to should it be happening.

Thanks to all so far who have provided feedback; it's really invaluable to read. For everyone else: go vote!

Thanks!

--Patrick Chin-Hong (RUSA #6365)

On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 3:22 PM Greg <greg.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think that only one has the RUSA logo, and the last one looks to me like it infringes on Rapha design?

Patrick, does your work represent more of a hope to rebrand the organization entirely, starting with the jersey...?

-Greg

Pam Wright

Jun 21, 2022, 7:30:08 PM6/21/22
to Greg, PatCH, randon, randonn...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,

You'r ruining my life!!!  (LOL, sound familiar??).   Your designs are spectacular and we've talked about new jerseys til nobody really listens...til you!!  Each is clever, so unique from each other and lots of space for me to bastardize with reflective tape :-).   I think you've done amazing work and how you came up with a completely different design time and time again, is beyond me.  THANK YOU for all your selfless efforts and now it'll take me an hour to keep changing my top 3 or 4 choices... back to... you've ruined my life!!!

Now how will I fit even one more jersey into the front closet......

Pam Wright

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Randonneurs USA" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/randonneurs-usa/CAMVXgKH_aQxSbXG9p_4uVY6_AMrDSRYaE-c3ciTnzG4ADtoZvw%40mail.gmail.com.