GCN 2400 calorie energy drink bottle

James Bondra

Jan 21, 2022, 1:30:51 PM1/21/22
to ran...@googlegroups.com

Bill Gobie

Jan 21, 2022, 1:52:13 PM1/21/22
to ran...@googlegroups.com
Straight off the recipe uses a pound of maltodextrin. This is not a hydration drink. You need to drink a fair amount of water after each sip or you'll be dropping an osmotic bomb into your gut.

Bill

Eric Keller

Jan 21, 2022, 2:41:31 PM1/21/22
to ran...@googlegroups.com
I used to use something like that. It worked okay. But like Bill
says, it's a bit tricky to keep from getting nauseous.
Eric Keller
Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/randon/CA%2Bsg%3DPpxhaYqyo7cMhodarJtqsuO5rSduEfatTpq%2BbL%3Dhg7fDg%40mail.gmail.com.

Georgi Stoychev

Jan 21, 2022, 2:44:11 PM1/21/22
to Eric Keller, randon
Sounds like digestive issue in a bottle

Eric Norris

Jan 21, 2022, 4:46:34 PM1/21/22
to Georgi Stoychev, Eric Keller, randon
Taking nutritional advice from Facebook? What could possibly go wrong?

P.S. I read on Facebook that this drink will make you magnetic. Do your own research!

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy
YouTube: YouTube.com/CampyOnlyGuy

Jim Koegel

Jan 21, 2022, 4:52:05 PM1/21/22
to James Bondra, ran...@googlegroups.com
A Red Bull and a Payday candy bar does the trick as well🚴🏻‍♂️😃

Mark

Jan 21, 2022, 7:05:44 PM1/21/22
to Eric Norris, Georgi Stoychev, Eric Keller, randon
I tried It on a hilly 200k recently.  I liked it, but the taste is definitely sweet and it’s very thick.  It set up overnight in the fridge and I had to add a little warm water and shake it up to re-liquify.

I sipped it over the course of the rode and it kept my energy level pretty even.  No digestive issues for me.  I ate rice bars and snacks at three controls for the 141 miles and didn’t have any issues.

I saw it on YouTube, avoiding any Facebook problems ;-)

Mark W
RUSA 690

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 21, 2022, at 3:46 PM, 'Eric Norris' via randon <ran...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Taking nutritional advice from Facebook? What could possibly go wrong?

James Bondra

Jan 21, 2022, 8:25:50 PM1/21/22
to Jim Koegel, ran...@googlegroups.com
Yes. They recommended sipping water as well. It is meant to last all day.

Get Outlook for Android

Jan 22, 2022, 7:45:41 AM1/22/22
to James Bondra, Jim Koegel, ran...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone compare it with commercial products?

I'm intrigued. It looks similar to Hammer Nutrition's Perpetuem, Sustained Energy products when mixed as multi-hour bottles and/or all-day pastes (though even more calorically dense).

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note10+.

Mark

Jan 22, 2022, 10:09:27 AM1/22/22
to lindley.osborne, James Bondra, Jim Koegel, ran...@googlegroups.com
I’ve used a number of commercial drinks like perpetual over the years, but only when mixed as in the directions, not as a paste.  As I drank it there was far less taste and much more water. They work well but have far fewer calories.

 This mix is not for hydration—I had another water bottle and a camelbak.  This is for calories.  Sip it then chase with water.  It was pretty palatable to me but YMMV.  I’m still trying it, but won’t use it every ride because I don’t want to burn out on it.

Mark W

Sent from my iPhone

Mark

Jan 22, 2022, 10:09:42 AM1/22/22