Bike Computer question

Jacques Bilinski

Feb 2, 2022, 1:22:03 PM2/2/22
to randon
I'm looking at wired bike computers and the Sigma Pure 1 wired looks like it might be ideal, except that I don't know if the displayed 'time' includes stopped time or is only the time while moving. For randonneuring the time inclusive of stopped time is needed, but I suspect that it displays moving time only. I haven't found anything online that addresses this. Anyone know?

Peter Storey

Feb 2, 2022, 3:20:51 PM2/2/22
to Jacques Bilinski, randon
My Wahoo Bolt displays time-in-motion and total elapsed time, but that’s a relatively pricey GPS unit that would need to be recharged several times over the course of a PBP.

Some of the Sigma models used to have a stopwatch function. Could you just start that at the beginning of the event?

On Feb 2, 2022, at 1:22 PM, 'Jacques Bilinski' via randon <ran...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I'm looking at wired bike computers and the Sigma Pure 1 wired looks like it might be ideal, except that I don't know if the displayed 'time' includes stopped time or is only the time while moving. For randonneuring the time inclusive of stopped time is needed, but I suspect that it displays moving time only. I haven't found anything online that addresses this. Anyone know?

Roland Bevan

Feb 2, 2022, 7:08:09 PM2/2/22
to Jacques Bilinski, randon, Peter Storey
Looks like the Sigma Pure 1 has an 'Auto Start/Stop' setting that will leave the elapsed time always running if disabled. That's probably what you want.
  -Roland

Jacques Bilinski

Feb 2, 2022, 7:23:50 PM2/2/22
to randon
Roland, where did you see that the auto start/stop can be disabled?