Ruby wont install

Leslie Jones

Jun 27, 2019, 1:30:22 PM6/27/19
to RailsInstaller
Ruby installer will not run on my windows pc what do I do

Darrell Sanderlin

Jun 27, 2019, 2:04:54 PM6/27/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
Leslie

I gave up on windows for rails.  Keep getting all kinds of errors.  I just created a dual boot on my pc with Ubuntu and Windows and never looked back.  I have been very happy and everything works on Ubuntu as most of the servers you push code to are running it well.

Darrell Sanderlin

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 1:30 PM Leslie Jones <lesliejon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ruby installer will not run on my windows pc what do I do

Wesley Lance

Jun 27, 2019, 5:58:14 PM6/27/19
to RailsInstaller
Same story as Darrel. Rails isn't feasible to run on windows; it can be a pain but setting up a dual boot is your best option.

muganda dizo

Jun 28, 2019, 10:32:13 AM6/28/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
What version of win do you have

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 8:30 PM Leslie Jones <lesliejon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ruby installer will not run on my windows pc what do I do

muganda dizo

Jun 28, 2019, 10:33:24 AM6/28/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
You can run rails installer on win, it's actually meant for win

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 8:30 PM Leslie Jones <lesliejon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ruby installer will not run on my windows pc what do I do

muganda dizo

Jun 28, 2019, 10:34:06 AM6/28/19
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
If it doesn't run what errors does it give you for not running?