FYI cfhttp and TLS1.2 with railo

Phillip Rasmussen

May 4, 2016, 11:32:50 PM5/4/16
to Railo
The other day I can across an issue where paypal had changed their sandbox to TLS 1.2.
This caused railo to fail a cfhttp call to it's https address. After reading a few posts it looked like I was going to have to migrate to lucee to overcome the issue. (not the end of the world)... but
As it turned out, all that was needed was a quick move from java 7 to using java 8 and all connection issues were resolved.
Download and extract the new JRE into a folder,
Add the new JRE address into the setenv.sh
eg
JRE_HOME=/opt/railo/jre1.8.0_92
and restart railo.

Andrew Dixon

May 5, 2016, 4:23:04 AM5/5/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
FYI, there are other SSL issues with wildcard certificates, etc... that have been resolved in Lucee 4.5.2.018, as well as some other security fixes, would highly recommend you upgrade to Lucee:

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Did you find this reply useful? Help the Railo community and add it to the Railo Server wiki at https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki

Jared Rypka-Hauer

May 5, 2016, 1:55:49 PM5/5/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
From what I’ve been told, Lucee is basically a drop-in replacement for Railo, too… not an ordeal, just a quick update.

I haven’t tried this myself, just passing along the info. :)

/j

Andrew Dixon

May 5, 2016, 3:12:55 PM5/5/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
It is indeed, very quick and easy to upgrade, I've done many!!! :-)

Kind regards,

Andrew