HttpException Error

Dale

Dec 22, 2015, 8:02:47 PM12/22/15
to Railo

I have a cfhttp request where I've increased the selection criteria and I'm now receiving a HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.
I have cfsetting commands in each of the cfm and cfc files that are being accessed.

Any ideas how to fix this error?

Thank you,

Dale

AJ Mercer

Dec 22, 2015, 8:16:35 PM12/22/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
have you sett the timeout attribute on CFHTTP?

Also, have you tried Lucee?
It is a fork of Railo with very active development

--
Did you find this reply useful? Help the Railo community and add it to the Railo Server wiki at https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki

Dale

Dec 23, 2015, 11:38:13 AM12/23/15
to Railo
AJ,

I've set the cfsetting and timeout on the cfhttp.

I haven't tried Lucee.  Is it pretty much the same as Railo?

If not, how are they different?

Dale

AJ Mercer

Dec 23, 2015, 5:39:33 PM12/23/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
As far as anyone can tell, Railo is no longer in development.

Lucee forked Railo at 4.1 or 4.2, and has had new versions released since then, including version 5 which is nearly gold.

Lucee has the same core developers, but a new governing body to oversea the project.

Peter Boughton

Dec 23, 2015, 5:59:00 PM12/23/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Put "railo lucee" into a search engine and the first result provides an answer:
  http://www.codersrevolution.com/blog/railo-and-lucee-hunka-hunka-burning-questions

Plus a bunch of other relevant links.

mmm mmm

Dec 26, 2015, 3:24:46 AM12/26/15
to Railo
Or why not OpenBlueDragon?
Sorry but I think Lucee 5 has a long way to go before turning gold.

Peter Boughton

Dec 26, 2015, 9:22:32 AM12/26/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Because OpenBD is not compatible with Railo.

How long Lucee 5 may or not take isn't relevant to whether it's the only compatible and actively developed upgrade path.

Lucee 4.5 is available now, it's a continuation of Railo 4.x and is not necessary to wait for Lucee 5 before switching.

Brad Wood

Dec 26, 2015, 7:00:29 PM12/26/15
to Railo
Mmm, please note that LuceeLang will be shipping in an experimental (and disabled) state so it doesn't delay the release of Lucee 5.  As of CFCamp, all Lucee 5-specific bugs in JIRA were squashed and a call for final testing was put out.  If you're aware of large issues in Lucee 5 that you think should be delaying its release, then please make sure there are tickets in JIRA for them and point them out in one of the Lucee communities, because right now we're tightening things up for a release candidate.

Thanks!

~Brad