Display recommendation for Radioberry?

Steve Harman

Dec 9, 2021, 4:41:24 AM12/9/21
to Radioberry
Hi,

I keep seeing photos of Radioberries(!) connected to small-ish LCDs, most recently in the post from Clifford which notes a 4.3" unit on AliExpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003647280182.html).

As I know little about hooking up displays  I'm looking for something as simple as possible - ideally, "plug HDMI in here, plug power in here".  Can anyone recommend such a thing please?   And presumably I should be looking for a touchscreen version?

Thanks,

Steve

Paulh002

Dec 9, 2021, 6:30:40 AM12/9/21
to Steve Harman, Radioberry
I use a 5" DSI display with touch, there are also 7" versions.
The only problem I have with it is that the display blinks from time to time.
I don't know if that is a specific problem, or something generic.

73
Paul

Steve Harman

Dec 9, 2021, 6:34:30 AM12/9/21
to Radioberry
thanks Paul - would you happen to have a link please (Aliexpress, eBay, other...)?

Cheers,

Steve

Clifford Heath

Dec 9, 2021, 8:04:28 PM12/9/21
to Radioberry
There is only one official Raspberry Pi display, a 7" one. It connects by DSI.
Many of the after-market ones connect by HDMI, which is clunky.
DSI is limited to 800x600 though which is a bit sub-par these days

Ujjwal John

Dec 22, 2021, 1:05:49 AM12/22/21
to Clifford Heath, st...@klassapp.com, Radioberry
As Clifford mentioned 800x600 is subpar and HDMI is clunky, but to get best out of my setup I am using a 7" HDMI with Capacitive touch, so that you can safely stow away the mouse for most of the operations.If you are putting the setup in a Case, the cabling could be neatly tucked away using Right-Angled connector for HDMI and USB (touch).
Buydisplay is one of the trusted stores for most of displays at Aliexpress kind of prices (later has been banned in my country :( )

https://www.buydisplay.com/touch-tft-lcd-display-7-inch-hdmi-for-raspberry-pi-with-driver-board
https://www.buydisplay.com/7-inch-1024x600-raspberry-pi-touch-screen-tft-lcd-display-with-hdmi-driver

Merry Christmas !
Ujjwal John,
VU3ECN

Ujjwal

Steve Harman

Dec 22, 2021, 3:57:17 AM12/22/21
to Radioberry
Thanks for that Ujjwal - it looks like just what I need.

One question though, do you know how the "keyboard interface" connects to the Pi ?  I imagined there would be a USB connection that handles touch input from the screen > Pi but the images in the Buydisplay listing didn't seem to show that?

73s

Steve

rent...@comcast.net

Dec 22, 2021, 8:26:20 AM12/22/21
to Radioberry
Hi Steve,

When you select the touchscreen option on the listing, click the image that comes up after adding the option.  There is a separate ribbon cable from the touch panel which goes to an additional PCB which has a USB interface.

73,

Robert, WA2T

Viktory Student

Dec 23, 2021, 9:10:28 AM12/23/21