radioberry on 2 layer board

pa3gsb

Jan 8, 2021, 10:01:42 AM1/8/21
to Radioberry
Hi All

A rebuild of radioberry based on beta4.

RBChinaJP.jpg

RBChinaJP2.jpg

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Ujjwal John

Jan 8, 2021, 1:55:08 PM1/8/21
to pa3gsb, Radioberry
Looks Perfect Johan!
The Clock Hack on Beta 3  was long due to be incorporated  on PCB, thanks a Ton!!

I have few more ideas specially around protection to RadioBerry GPIO which are directly fed from the FPGA Pins. I will mail you my thought and see if it will be worth implementing them.

73's
Ujjwal John, VU3ECN

Ujjwal

softerh...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2021, 2:42:55 AM1/9/21
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Very interesting. How did you manage noise, AD9866 analog ground plane and fixed impedance traces without a ground plane? Did you measure or notice any increase in noise? I always thought you had to stay well grounded when designing PCBs, especially those with RF analog portions.

73,

Steve
kf7o

Radioberry

Jan 9, 2021, 3:17:29 AM1/9/21
to Radioberry
Hi,

To be clear; this work is not done by me!

 i got a mail from Cees PD0SBC ; he found on twitter these pictures.

I had to mentioned that in my message! Sorry for the confusion. I only wanted to share this achievement!

@Steve i have not seen measurements.

73 Johan
PA3GSB