Radioberry Preamp availability?

Phil Barker

Nov 1, 2022, 1:38:46 PM11/1/22
to Radioberry
Hello Everyone.

Does anyone on this list have for sale either bare or fully populated Preamp boards?
If not, what outboard circuits are being used for T/R combined to an external RF amp.

73,
Phil KB6NZV

Peter Hiltz

Nov 1, 2022, 2:09:22 PM11/1/22
to Phil Barker, Radioberry
Phil,

I hand wired a TR board that also brought out the paddle inputs.  I had a number of RF relays in my junk box so that is not a problem; the RF relays are my TR switch and can be driven (very carefully) from the radioberry signal on the 20 pin connector.

A winter project is to re-do it on a PCB and I can make that available when done, but I will build it using the Teledyne relays I have on hand which are, unfortunately, expensive to buy.  I got them from an estate.

Happy to consult and share as I do this.  Probably the key issue if you build your own is that the PTT signal off the radioberry is 3.3V, and 10 mA, but you should double check that.  My relays are 12 V so I used an FET to an opto-isolator chip to both keep the current on the pin both low and safe from damage.  Once damaged, I believe you need a new radioberry.

Pete
WV3S

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV...@winlink.org   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line

Phil Barker

Nov 1, 2022, 5:09:59 PM11/1/22
to Peter Hiltz, Radioberry
Thank you for the reply, Pete!

I'll follow your lead while I begin collecting the parts for the project.

73!,
Phil KB6NZV

Kristofer Danner

Nov 1, 2022, 6:23:57 PM11/1/22
to Radioberry
If you want a bare preamp board, just upload the gerbers to JLCPCB and get 5 boards for $2.

Phil Barker

Nov 1, 2022, 7:05:03 PM11/1/22
to Kristofer Danner, Radioberry
Hi Kristofer.

Thanks for mentioning that.
Which files are you referring to?
I don't know much about getting a fab to create boards based on files, so I'm asking for basic details on how that works.

73,
Phil KB6NZV

Kristofer Danner

Nov 1, 2022, 7:12:50 PM11/1/22
to Radioberry
Phil, get all the files from this directory on github: https://github.com/pa3gsb/Radioberry-2.x/tree/master/hardware/preamp/release/beta1/pcb

Place those files into a zip file.

The make yourself an account at whatever board manufacturer you want and upload the files. I have been using JLCPCB, they will do 5 of these for $2 plus the shipping.

KD

Phil Barker

Nov 1, 2022, 7:20:56 PM11/1/22
to Kristofer Danner, Radioberry
Thanks Kristofer!

I'll give it a try and let you know the results.