[GTA] 4th June |3PM GMT | Webinar: "The Covid Crisis in Chile and Community Alternatives from Below"

Shrishtee Bajpai

May 26, 2021, 1:53:22 AM5/26/21
to radical_ecolog...@googlegroups.com, Vikalp Sangam elist, PeDAGoG: Post-Development Academic-Activist Global Group, altfor...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
Join us for our next GTA webinar. Registration details below.

Alternatives in Pandemic Times: Resistance, Recovery and Re-Existence - a Webinar series

The Covid Crisis in Chile and Community Alternatives from Below

with Katia Valenzuela Fuentes (Chile)

Friday 4th June - 3:00 PM (UTC/GMT)

In October 2019, Chile experienced one of its most significant uprisings. People demanded the end of neoliberalism, while hundreds of grassroots organizations and local assemblies emerged. During the Covid crisis, the Government's response has favoured the market over people, denying them basic social protection and food security. However, grassroots organisations are actively trying to tackle poverty with popular solidarity and mutual aid. In this webinar, we will explore some of these local experiences, their strategies, challenges and contributions to radical social transformation.

About the presenters

Katia Valenzuela-Fuentes is an assistant professor at the Department of Sociology, Universidad de Concepción, Chile, researcher at the Centre for Sustainable Urban Development – CEDEUS Chile and activist scholar. Her main research interests include political sociology, social movements, autonomous politics, urban sociology, participatory action research and critical epistemologies. For 20 years she has been involved in several autonomous groups in Chile and has contributed to a number of campaigns in solidarity with Latin American social movements.

Our past webinar sessions videos are available in this link.

Global Tapestry of Alternatives

con...@globaltapestryofalternatives.org

To subscribe and get our updates, visit this link

---
To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to this address: global-tapestry-alternati...@lists.riseup.net

webinar-banner-2021-02.jpg

Ashish Kothari

Jun 2, 2021, 2:11:30 PM6/2/21
to Radical Ecological Democracy list, Beyond Development (global), ACKNOWL-EJ list, International Alliance of Localisation, WSM, Vikalp Sangam elist, Coalition for EJ in India
Dear friends / Amigas/amigos
Join us for our next GTA webinar. Registration details below.

únase a nuestro próximo seminario web. Los detalles son los siguientes.
--
To reply to the author of this message, select "reply"; to reply to the whole list, select "reply to all".
webinar-banner-2021-02.jpg

Ashish Kothari

Jun 4, 2021, 3:10:01 AM6/4/21
to WSM, Ashish Kothari

TODAY / HOY ! English & Espanol

'Covid Crisis in Chile and Community Alternatives from Below' / 'El Crisis de COVID en Chile y Alternativas comunitarias desde abajo'

4th June, 3PM GMT

Info/link: evo.re/gta-2021-02

--
To reply to the author of this message, select "reply"; to reply to the whole list, select "reply to all".

New, for COVID relief in India! Vikalp Sutra

NOW FREE DOWNLOAD! Pluriverse: A Post-Development Dictionary

Ashish Kothari

Kalpavriksh

Apt 5 Shree Datta Krupa

908 Deccan Gymkhana

Pune 411004, India

Tel: 91-20-25654239; 91-20-25675450

Kalpavriksh

Vikalp Sangam

Radical Ecological Democracy

Global Tapestry of Alternatives

https://ashishkothari51.blogspot.com

Twitter LinkedIn Instagram Facebook

Chile COVID community responses, GTA webinar-banner-2021-02.es.jpg