Fwd: The Ecologist: Remember the dead: fight for the living

Ashish Kothari

Apr 24, 2020, 6:19:20 AM4/24/20
to Radical Ecological Democracy list, WSM, bre...@theecologist.org

Friends, I am forwarding a mail from Brendan Montague, editor of The Ecologist, re. an upcoming action by health workers in UK ... and perhaps in other parts of the world? It is ridiculously criminal that people putting themselvss at great risk to treat COVID (and related) patients, are not provided with adequate safety gear. Pl. see below.

ashish

Apr 24, 2020, 6:28:26 PM4/24/20
to Ashish Kothari, Radical Ecological Democracy list, WSM, bre...@theecologist.org
Unfortunately, the situation is even WORSE in Mexico, where there are direct attacks against medical personnel, both doctors and nurses as well as technicians being accused of spreading the disease rather than collaborating to confront the challenges.

Truly disheartening

--
To reply to the author of this message, select "reply"; to reply to the whole list, select "reply to all".

David Barkin
Mexico

Ariel Salleh

Apr 26, 2020, 1:10:32 AM4/26/20
to David Barkin, Ashish Kothari, Radical Ecological Democracy list, WSM, bre...@theecologist.org

Yes the same thing happened in Australia, where nurses in uniform on their way home from shift were abused in the streets.
Problem being no change rooms at the work place.