Gracket format

Mark Bestley

Aug 28, 2019, 7:55:06 AM8/28/19
to racket...@googlegroups.com
I am just learning racket using the real of Racket book.

However I am have problems wil file formats.
My .rkt file has become gracket format but I have no images or any non ascii/unicode text in it. This messes up version control and use of other editors.

How can I force DrRacket not to corrupt the text file? and only change if I add images?

The only odd thing I think I have done that might matter is Collapse S-expression.

--
Mark

Kieron Hardy

Aug 28, 2019, 11:49:16 AM8/28/19
to Mark Bestley, racket...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

How are you starting your program?

Are you launching Racket from a command line or launching by e.g. double-clicking an icon in the Windows window manager?

What version of Windows?

Cheers,

Kieron

Mark Bestley

Aug 28, 2019, 1:29:49 PM8/28/19
to racket...@googlegroups.com
Kieron Hardy <kieron...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Mark,
>
> How are you starting your program?

Not started it yet. Just using DrRacket and text editor for this issue.

> Are you launching Racket from a command line or launching by e.g. double-clicking an icon in the Windows window manager?

Running DrRacket from the GUI. ie the equivalent of open DrRacket.app

> What version of Windows?

MacOS 10.14.6 :)

Kieron Hardy

Aug 28, 2019, 1:39:45 PM8/28/19
to Mark Bestley, racket...@googlegroups.com

>> What version of Windows?
>>

> MacOS 10.14.6 :)

Mac, huh? I didn’t know Gracket was needed there. Sorry, I’m no help.

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt

Aug 28, 2019, 1:41:00 PM8/28/19
to Mark Bestley, Racket Users
The "Collapse S-expression" action is what leads to this result -- the
collapsed state is saved in the file using the wxme gracket format.

Sam