I‘m new to racket, i want to know the best resources of learning racket

Yi Chen

Dec 3, 2020, 5:19:43 AM12/3/20
to Racket Users
Any suggestions? Thanx for you guys

Hendrik Boom

Dec 3, 2020, 4:53:36 PM12/3/20
to Racket Users
On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 02:19:43AM -0800, Yi Chen wrote:
> Any suggestions? Thanx for you guys

Start with How To Design Programs., which is available as a free .pdf.
By the time that bores you, you'll likely have found other resources.

-- hendrik

Hendrik Boom

Dec 3, 2020, 4:58:18 PM12/3/20
to Racket Users
On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 02:19:43AM -0800, Yi Chen wrote:
> Any suggestions? Thanx for you guys

When my eldest started learning Racket, she had an introduction that
early on, had her doing an animation of a rocket taking off. She then
changed it to do other things with the rocket. Fun.

I thought that was a draft of HtDP, but I cannot find it any more. Is
that set of instructions still available? If so, where?

It seems to be the right almost-first program for someone who is
interested in writing computer games.

Yi Chen

Dec 3, 2020, 8:45:47 PM12/3/20
to Racket Users
Haha, that's for sure. Thanks your suggestion!
Have a nice day:-)

David Storrs

Dec 4, 2020, 11:15:01 AM12/4/20
to Yi Chen, Racket Users

br...@lojic.com

Dec 29, 2020, 9:22:03 AM12/29/20
to Racket Users
If you like learning by example, I have a github repo w/ many examples: